Colour correction help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeaky geek

Reaction score
Have new client with bleach bob. Ends are white. roots base 6. cant see is warmth cos only 1cm regrowth. She wants to go to an 8, more 9 than 7
I use wella. I was thinking 9/7 & 8/74 or 8/73 I do not want flat or worse, green tones. Would adding some 88/0 in the cocktail help with transluscency. I was thinking 7ml 88/0 or 99/0 with 15ml 9/7 and 15ml 8/74 using 10 vol on the bleached hair 30vol on natural
I'm quite into /7 range. Would you recommend /77?
Opinions wanted.
Please dont tell me to re-pig with red only first then add the colour, cos last time i did that the client had to be peeled of the ceiling when she saw it go on

Hi , squeaky I think with this being a colour correction job ,
and I can see you have been giving it lots of colour thought too ,

I think your best bet would be to ring up the wella helpline tell them exactly what you are dealing with
as they will know the very best product to put on and give you the very best result
the advice may even be along the same lines as what you are thinking too
but its nice for it to be verified ,

they will offer fab advice in cases like this and they are spot on ,
they will also let you know if you need to pre pig first ,
the helpline number is on the back of your colour chart
let us know how you get on :hug:

hi , the problem with bleach is that the colour over it will fade . I had a similar client i used 8/7 on the previously coloured hair and 8/0 and 8/7 equal on the regrowth came up nice and even slightly warm ,but after 2 washes settled down loverly . go with what you think , but id be against too much base if the hair is very porous and have a few semis handy if things go awry . Like Minky says you can always phone Wella for help

Affinage do a great pre-pig which you paint onto the foils and then you can put your colours straight over the top so saves time and you can close the foil quick before they see the colour :)

Also you could put in .01 colours to get rid of any brassiness. So if you are using an 8 then mix in a bit of 8.01 on the roots.

Hi squeaky, that pre pig stuff that Angelina has mentioned
sounds good from the affinage range , (close foils quick lol x )
and you may only need a golden pre pigger
as she is not going to go very dark ,

Would you be able to persuade her to have some nice caramel lowlights put in instead ?
just till it grows out a bit first ? :hug:

Well thanks for the advice. I took abit from everyone. Called wella. they said pre-pig. They also said 9/7 & 8/74 was good enough choice if didnt want to do the pre-pig. defo no intense range as that is only for resistant( i thought i could use it on anything i thought might go translucent) They advised that 9/7 & 8/07 for roots. (makes sense).. /77 only starts at base 6 derrh!.
When i do this i am weaving a few blondes out to maintain highlighted look in order to hedge my bets on it not being too much of a shock.
Good tip about keeping the semis on hand, will do.
I will let you know the results
cheers:hug:

Latest posts

Back