Colour gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielajessy

Reaction score
Hi girls again i need your help.i just want to try diferent thinks with me nail art i want to do glitter tips but i"m not sure how to start do i have to mix the gel with glitter?do i have to put a base first with gel?i just buy a silver colour gel[ from nsi]but it"s to light the color when you put on tips ......can i make some how a little darker?do you use only colour gels for different colour tips or can i use the paint olso?sorry for so much question.thanks:)

Hi,

You can purchase glitter gel or you can mix up your own with a clear gel, and put in a small container for later use....another way to do glitter tips would be with L+P...again you can buy glitter powders or make your own colours up using lose glitter, with clear acrylic.

hth x x

Thanks.but i only use gel,i think i will try to mix me glitter with gel and see what happend

i dont pre mix my glitter with gel.
i use my dotting tool and dip it into my nsi finish clear and the dip it straight into the glitter

If I was doing silver glitter tips (I have pictures of some on my profile)

I would do the base gel, then a thin coat of silver colour gel for the french tip. Then I would use a pre mixed silver glitter gel (or a clear gel mixed with some glitter will do), then I would build a c curve over them.

The ones in my picture are as follows...
clear base gel, silver colour gel tip, silver aurora glitter gel on tip, pretty pink on the nail bed, build and shine with clear gloss gel.

Gina xx

if i had a gel colour to match the glitter i would also do it the same way as gina as it allows you to use less glitter which means thinner nails as they can easily become to thick,you also get more or a dense smile line and you dont have to be as careful when applying the glitter.
i would apply the colour gel cure and then dip my dotting tool ito the finish clear then in the glitter cure and build over the stress area etc..
but if i dont have the colour gel then i would apply it in the same way just minus the colour gel.x

thanks for advice i will do like this.do you guys use paint for nail art?it"s good to use with gel to make different french with colour?thanks

:):):) anyone please

Hey you should have a look at the christrio gels they have a massive range of glitter gels and colours.

NSI just came out with a Glitter Kit (8 colors) that can be mixed in with the gel, or sprinkled on top (two completely different looks). Check it out on the NSI website.

thanks girls for your help:)

Latest posts

Back