Colour Reducers won't work, help :(!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyDaire

Reaction score
Hi there,
I really need some help and advice.
I am trying to grow my hair long and natural.

I have about 3 inches of natural regrowth which is a light brown with a honey highlights. then 90% of my hair has been bleached at 20% volume about 3 times, it then has a few layers of red semi perminant dye over the top.

I want the 90% processed hair to match my natural hair colour. I am trying to get it back to the base colour which is bleach, or atleast a light orangey colour.

I have used ID Rusk colour remover on my hair twice, and another brand called 'ERASER'. They have removed the darkness of the red slightly, but there is still a lot of red in the hair. It's now a light plum/pink colour. It seems as thought the red is locked into the hair, and just wont come out.

It's my birthday on saturday, I'm considering bleaching the red out with a very mild 20% vol bleach for a minimum amount of time, Should I risk damaging my hair further? What other options do I have?

My aim is to reduce as much of the red as possible, so that there more of an even colour transition from my natural hair and my processed hair .

id give it a break , treat yourself and go to a hairdressers and get another semi on it , in a flat colour that will help to blend the 2 colours togetther , as a lot of your hair has that colour in , thats a lot of hair t lose if it messes up , also , dont forget all the holidays,swimming,blowdrying and straightening it may have to go through just day to day . do this ,leave it a month , use some deep conditioner ,then try again .

We use Eraser in my salon and it's fab stuff but on stubborn colour it can need 3 or 4 applications. How many times did you apply it?
We also use effasor from l'oreal. The effasor will strip the pigment from your hair but the erasor will just strip artificial colour and is much gentler on the hair. I'd try the eraser again.

Latest posts

Back