Colour supreme..not covering grey!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C22

Reaction score
So ive recently invested in stock of colour supreme (loreal) and I have to say I'm rather disappointed with it.after struggling to get a couple of clients hair that want level 8 or higher, I thought it was ideal as they offer up to a 10 range with 100% coverage of hair that is 80% white or more.both my mum and one of my clients are about 95% white now and everytime I use supreme it never really covers.its quite a nice effect if people still want some natural grey/white showing..but most don't!ive tried 9.31 and that worked better than 9.13 ( perhaps as more gold ) I've also tried 8 32 and 10.13 so far ( got this range for clients wanting lighter )

Sorry I forgot to add..has anyone experienced this problem and any ideas?all colours should be used with 20vol in this particular range.

I never got it to cover 100% now I stock matrix dreamage! It's amazing!

And how do u find their lightest colours...eg equivalent to say 9.13 in loreal.? Don't want much warmth coming through.! is it a matt coverage or more of a translucent like the supreme?

Color Supreme was discontinued last year (or the year before if I remember) CC. Your wholesaler must have some very old stock.

Majirel works fine on it's own, or as Bluerinse said, you could always look at Dream.Age in Matrix if you just want one tube to apply on your clients without having to mix any base colour in with the tint.

I think Schwarzkopf also make a colour for grey hair that colours in 10 minutes but I haven't tried it.

And how do u find their lightest colours...eg equivalent to say 9.13 in loreal.? Don't want much warmth coming through.! is it a matt coverage or more of a translucent like the supreme?

Perfect full coverage colour, but not heavy looking! Very cost affective!

I used tigi creative today as recommended by a geek on here I used 7.0 and 8/73 it gave full coverage of white and grey hair client was totally white around hairline... I have also found when using loreal supreme that it didn't cover the greys x

Thanks for all the replies ..It does cover some parts... Like the back where there is less grey. I wasn't aware it was discontinued actually, it must just be in inoa now .. They were using it in the loteal academy I went to end of last year anyway. I will look into matrix dream age if I can find a supplier.

So ive recently invested in stock of colour supreme (loreal) and I have to say I'm rather disappointed with it.after struggling to get a couple of clients hair that want level 8 or higher, I thought it was ideal as they offer up to a 10 range with 100% coverage of hair that is 80% white or more.both my mum and one of my clients are about 95% white now and everytime I use supreme it never really covers.its quite a nice effect if people still want some natural grey/white showing..but most don't!ive tried 9.31 and that worked better than 9.13 ( perhaps as more gold ) I've also tried 8 32 and 10.13 so far ( got this range for clients wanting lighter )

Matrix dreamage all the way they are fantastic :)

Latest posts

Back