Coloured acrylic powder

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000whiterose000

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if any of you used coloured acrylic powder? Do you used a pre mixed version?

Where do you get it from and what brands can you recommend?

I have a few of the coloured ones and they are from Entity. With the glitter ones I buy loose glitter and mix clear powder

I use the NSI range, or mix up my own with glitters x

I too also use nsi range

I use NSI, but the prices have went up significantly on them, I'm sure of it so I have now stopped as most clients prefer gelish or shellac over enhancements xx

We use naio and young nails for our colours x

I use NSI Technail range as well, loads of choice and fully mixable to create any shade x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Another fan of NSI technail range :) x

I'm adding to the nsi users, love their colours :)

I'm a big fan on nsi xx

I Use NsI colour acrylic x

My question relating to the use of coloured powders is, would I have to purchase the same brand monomer also? I currently use Cnd retention+ liquid and powders so do I need to buy the full system?

Emily x

My question relating to the use of coloured powders is, would I have to purchase the same brand monomer also? I currently use Cnd retention+ liquid and powders so do I need to buy the full system?

Emily x

You would yes. If you want to use ready made Coloured Acrylic powder from a different company then you will need to use their monomer alongside it.

Why not use the CND Additives with your Retention polymers to make your own coloured mixes? You can stick with your usual CND system that way.

I don't use premade powders, I mix my own with additives.

It is so much cheaper and you have much more freedom to create exactly what you want.

Thanks for the advice, I do have additives but haven't used them to create bespoke colours. Please can you explain the best way to use them to get the best results? Do I mix with clear or white for coloured tips for example? And what ratio? I've only just started to play with adding glitter to my powder to do glitter tips and I do a ratio of 1:3.

Emily x

EzFlow all the way, the first company to introduce glitter and coloured acrylic and offer classes in design.... X♥️X

EzFlow Master Artist Educator
Ibd Elite educator
Be creative artisan

Thanks for the advice, I do have additives but haven't used them to create bespoke colours. Please can you explain the best way to use them to get the best results? Do I mix with clear or white for coloured tips for example? And what ratio? I've only just started to play with adding glitter to my powder to do glitter tips and I do a ratio of 1:3.

Emily x

The easiest way to get started is to pitch in and try mixing up some colours.

I would start with a base of clear, this way you get the true colour of the additive. You can add clear or a little titanium to pastel it down a bit.

Add no more than 30% additions to powder - you'll find that you only need a tiny bit of additive to make a pretty powder. You will need to add a bit more glitter to get a good effect.

If I wanted a pink sparkly tip then I'd have

70% / 7 scoops clear powder
10% / 1 scoop holographic glitter
10% / 1 scoop holographic glitter squares
5% / 1/2 scoop haute pink additive

Mix in a pot and see what you think. Use the other 5% additive if you want a stronger pink - or a little bit of titanium to make it more of a softer pink.

Be wary though, it's quite addictive :p

EzFlow all the way, the first company to introduce glitter and coloured acrylic and offer classes in design.... X♥️X

Ibd Elite educator
Be creative artisan

Where have you been hiding?! :eek:

Wow!! It sounds addictive too! I think I may need to stock up on more powders!! Thank you again for your help and advice x

Emily x

Where have you been hiding?! :eek:

Lol I've always been about... Just not geeked in a long long time!!

Jess xxx

Ibd Elite educator
Be creative artisan

If you buy the coloured acrylic kit from nsi you get the monomer with it :) x

Latest posts

Back