Coloured acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBT

Reaction score
Is there such a thing? A client wants red acrylic nails - can you get red coloured acrylic or is the only option to polish/shellac over the acrylic enhancements?

(For info, I don't do gel nails).

Thanks in advance x

oh yes, I have alsorts, metallics, pastels, neons, every colour you can think of :)

Thanks for your reply hon. Where do you get yours and whats the quality like?

Are they pre-mixed etc?

X

I have loads of acrylic colours and colour glitter pwders etc, I use NSI and I like using them over clear tips, that way the colour shows thru both sides which looks nice.

Thanks for your reply hon. Where do you get yours and whats the quality like?

Are they pre-mixed etc?

X

Affiniti Nail & Beauty - Nfu.Oh, Mundo, Pro Impressions, Nfu Oh, Nail Products do a huge range of lovely quality coloured and glittered powders. Have a practice if you havent used them before. The texture is often different from the basic pink and white.

I wouldnt really suggest doing a full nail covering with coloured powder though, you will have to file/soak the whole thing off if she wants a different colour next time. Easier to use polish/gel polish or shellac over a plain enhancement and just take that off with a few swipes of the file at rebalance time.

If you really want to do it with coloured powder, make sure you sandwich a very thin layer of the coloured powder between thin clear layers. This will cap the colour and also a layer of clear on the clients nail will save you filing the entire enhancement off if she changes colour.... it will also prevent staining the natural nail if you are using a red/pink.

EzFlow, Nfu.Oh, Young Nails, NSI, loads of companies have premixed coloured and glitter acrylic powders. Nfu.oh having the most extensive range.
The only downside to a full colour acrylic nail is if the client wants a change of colour at her rebalance appointment, then you need to soak off and start again, or if you have applied a thin layer of clear before the colour file all the colour off hard work :irked:

These powders are great for glitter or coloured tips and designs, and of course 3d work, but I do think with the advent of gel polishes then they are best used if a client wants full colour nails.

You can also make your own coloured acrylic by adding CND pure pigments to your own powder (any brand) as long as the pigment doesn't exceed a third of the mixture.

Using the CND additives is a much more economical method too, as you only need to mix the amount of colour you want with the powder you already have in stock rather than buying pots of pre-mixed powders which may end up sitting on your shelves waiting to be used.

PLUS it's really fun to do. :)

Last edited:
You can also make your own coloured acrylic by adding CND pure pigments to your own powder (any brand) as long as the pigment doesn't exceed a third of the mixture.

Using the CND additives is a much more economical method too, as you only need to mix the amount of colour you want with the powder you already have in stock rather than buying pots of pre-mixed powders which may end up sitting on your shelves waiting to be used.

this is what I do, and it means you can really customise your colours aswell if someone is looking for a very specific shade x

I only use
CND products and have all their acrylic colours. I custom make colours with their colour wheel, and get clients to bring in a colour they like and I'll match it up for them in the acrylic . And their red powder is too die for.

Ladies, thank you all so much for your help, it's really appreciated :Love:. There are lots of options available which is fab, thanks again X

Geeeeeg you have 'made' me fall in love. It's all your fault ;) I've now purchased not just the red, but the additives kit plus an extra effect. Joking aside, I LOVE them, everyone should have these products!

Have only done a few nails so far but can't wait to unleash my imagination.

Can't wait to get the other 5

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

I'm glad. I have had so much fun with the Additives and ALL the effects are really beautiful. X

Latest posts

Back