Coloured UV Gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Playaxvx

Reaction score
Hiya all...

I am currently using "nail solutions" coloured gels but am having SOOOO much trouble with their pots leaking.The company have been trying to rectify this problem (or so they say) but the pots are still no good!!!

Do any of you have any good coloured gels you are currently using or could recommend??

THANKS
xxx

I have seen leaking pots as well, especially in the colours. Would someone with technical knowledge be able to advise why this happens. I store the gels in a cool dark cupboard.

Thanking you

Try tailormadenails, they do loads & loads of coloured & glitter gel & acrylics. Me & the other nail tech in the salon buy the pots of glitter & share them, i mix mine with clear gel & she mixes hers with acrylic. works really well with both as long as you are using a good base product. they are ssoooooo popular, we have about 30 different colours we use. Hope this helps!

I mix my colours with brisa gel & put them in a clear acrylic pot. I buy them from a craft shop in a stack of about 8 at a time, the stack up & screw on & off for easy use. Plus the only cost me about £2.50 for the stack! I found this far better than buying pre made coloured gel & much cheaper but still great quality!

Try tailormadenails, they do loads & loads of coloured & glitter gel & acrylics. Me & the other nail tech in the salon buy the pots of glitter & share them, i mix mine with clear gel & she mixes hers with acrylic. works really well with both as long as you are using a good base product. they are ssoooooo popular, we have about 30 different colours we use. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your post Alana,
but I'm posting with a warning! :eek:

Geeks, please PLEASE be wary of buying from unofficial online stockists.
The high quality customer support you would expect with any professional products will be entirely absent from your purchase.
For example,
if you need to make an insurance claim and have not purchased from an OFFICIAL distributor, your insurance cover could be null and void.
It could be ANYTHING in the packaging.
Don't get stung!

Where you looking for a soak off colour gel or a buff off....

Soak off... Bio Sculpture...Calgel...Akzentz Options....

Buff Off...Brisa...Light elegance...NCO London...Pina Parie...

Sure there are others if people would like to add too...x

Pronails have a wide range of coloured gels. They have coloured gels in both buff off and soak off. I use their buff off range. HTH

With all gel, not just the colours, I have found that if you get any gel in the threads of the pot or lid, it will leak whatever way you keep the pot.

Use alcohol to thoroughly clean the threads of the lid and pot and also the rim of the pot, this will stop it happening. I never wipe my brush on the rim of the pot whilst working but if you get some on there remember to clean it up before you put it away. - HTH:)

Thank you Adele, I will check and ensure the threads are clean.
Have a good day
Andrea

My gels never leak, like Adele, I wipe around the pots and the lids after every use.

Thanks for all the replies... I will take a look at all the recommended ones :)
I do wipe the lids and pots after every use, but they still leak... The company have told me they have had many complaints about the pots, and are currently trying to find an alternative!
It is buff off colours i am after :)

xxx

I like Nailite coloured gels.
Wide variety of colours, and VERY affordable.
Buff off and soak off.

hth's:hug:

We have a massive range of colour gels and do not have a big problem with pots leaking :) You can see them on our website at NCO London - professional nail care products & training

It happens more in the summer when the gel expands in the heat. The heat also causes the gel to become more fluid. If you get any round the rim of the jar, it oozes out all over the place.

The style of the jar and the way it is sealed is a major factor too.

I'm not saying a gel will never leak, but compared to the pronails gels that we had before we virtually never have this problem now.

Gina xx

I'm not saying a gel will never leak, but compared to the pronails gels that we had before we virtually never have this problem now.

They have changed their pots now. I do know they had some problems with the old pots but not anymore.

Hi Linky

I'm afraid to tell you those new pots are still a problem. Not as bad, but still a big problem.

They crack and break and all the bits of broken jar get into the gel. I won't post them on here, but you should see the pictures i've got of them.

Wait until the summer comes!!

Gina xx

nsi!!

they have just released they're new coloured gel kits! you get 6 gels in a pack, and they have different collections like the juicy collection :)

they are buff off :)

i only have a problem with my finish clear leaking, but i dont wipe the threads, i never thought of that!

so, thanks adele!

:)

Hi Linky

I'm afraid to tell you those new pots are still a problem. Not as bad, but still a big problem.

They crack and break and all the bits of broken jar get into the gel. I won't post them on here, but you should see the pictures i've got of them.

Wait until the summer comes!!

Gina xx

I will wait and see what happens. But the lovely ladies at rejuve have replaced one of my old pots that was exploding free of charge. But so far I havent had any problems with the new ones

Latest posts

Back