Colouring advice, can anyone help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
Hi all,

would be very grateful if anyone could give me a bit of help or advice, I have a client who as more or less 75% grey hair and the rest is blonde , normally she has a tint of a base 9 on the roots of her hair but at the front she as a panel of dark under her fringe, because her hair has a lot of grey I use a semi of a 5n in goldwell colourence and a base of 5 permanent after this
Shes been having this for a few years now so there is a lot of colour build up , she would like to beable to have this dark taken out ,Ive explained theres no quick fix way of doing it I have already in the past tried to bleach it up for her but it didnt come up light enough to beable to put a toner on it, anyway I was wondering if I could either
a, get a product that would beable to lift some of the colour out and then try to bleach it up again(I have been told of a product by schwarzkopf called modulate( i think thats how its spelt ) that can lift some colour out before trying to bleach) or
b, do a bleach bath and try and lift it a base or 2 then to tint it lighter and then add highlights to get it out gradually

or if there is anything else i can try and do to get it out any advice would gratefully be recieved
thanks

i wouldhave thought that you would be able to get a 5 out of the hair easily enougth ,especially on a shorter area like the fringe ,unless she wants it all to be light . couldnt you get it up to about a lvl7 ,and then tone it and from then try and grow it out? or put some bleach h/l in it to break it up and grow it out? she could still have the roots done with the 9 ,but if its whiter at the front it wouldnt cover as well as an 8.

I did try to get it out by bleching her hair up before the results didnt come out as well as i expected , she wants it all out of her fringe and its quite a big block of colour .

i doubt that you will get it all out in one go ,it may take several appointments by which time it may have partially grown out! you could always try foil hi- lites with 9% ( reapply with 12% on dark or drk orange areas) to lift some of it and do more next time depending on condition . What did you use last time to try and get the dark out?

Hi

I find If you use a good Bleach helps, I find affrinage cocconut one is fab, also you can buy hair colour removers by matrix and affrinage and they are fantastic have used both In my salon, expensive but very much worth It.

Goodluck
TT

I'm sure a Loreal efassor would help to fade the build up a touch, I think there are 2 or 3 diff ways to use one, depending on how much you want to lift/fade it.

Thank you too everyone who has replied to this post..

I did the client today , I used a product from goldwell to fade out the mid lengths of hair where the build up of colour was the darkest, then i applied 12% bleach in foils and then toned them down with another colour after the client was very pleased with the results as was I the dark has not 100% gone but its made a big difference , I did a strand test before I did all of this and luckily her hair was ok I cut it but have advised on products to use after etc

thanks again

Latest posts

Back