colouring grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate

Reaction score
Hi,
can anyone tell me why on some clients a blonde (99/0) doesn't show up? Got a client with about 90% grey. She has foils 88/0 with a little 8/03 and 99/0. The 8 is fine but the 9 seems to wash out when I shampoo her hair. Do you think her hair is so ligtht with her percentage of white that it doesn't show? Last time I did her hair I only used base 8 but she would like it a bit lighter really. Would some alternate bleach foils do anyting or should I maybe put some tone into the 9?
Thanks guys:)
kate

hi, what% are u using?

all i gotta say is always encourage getting grey hair colored, as there are crazy women out there who think grey is "sexy" or something. MEN do NOT think that looks good, EVER. I have been told this, im always always getting opinions on guys and even though some women think "salt n pepper" grey is sexy on a guy(not me!)....it does NOT work that way for men. EVER

all i gotta say is always encourage getting grey hair colored, as there are crazy women out there who think grey is "sexy" or something. MEN do NOT think that looks good, EVER. I have been told this, im always always getting opinions on guys and even though some women think "salt n pepper" grey is sexy on a guy(not me!)....it does NOT work that way for men. EVER

I disagree. I've got a couple of clients who look better with grey hair. So that doesn't really apply for everyone. If women with grey hair feel "sexy" that way then I believe that's all that matters.

hi, u need to be using 6% as u have a lot of grey to cover! 9's and 10's on grey with 3% wont work as pigment is not strong enough and can be very translucent, try 6% should be fine! x
Am using 3%.

hi, u need to be using 6% as u have a lot of grey to cover! 9's and 10's on grey with 3% wont work as pigment is not strong enough and can be very translucent, try 6% should be fine! x
Thanks hun, will try that!

I found when I switched to Redken, that they just dont add enough undertone to present the color cleanly. When you are adding pigment to a clear cuticle ( grey white silver) you MUST add the missing underlying warmth or there is nothing to reflect the tone. Balance it back out, with the contrasting color, but you must add it, (and it sounds like you are only having issues with the neutral tones) Always go back to the basic color wheel, and look for what is missing in your formula.....and never use less than 6% or there wont be any cuticle manipulation.Its just too tough.
GL:)

I found when I switched to Redken, that they just dont add enough undertone to present the color cleanly. When you are adding pigment to a clear cuticle ( grey white silver) you MUST add the missing underlying warmth or there is nothing to reflect the tone. Balance it back out, with the contrasting color, but you must add it, (and it sounds like you are only having issues with the neutral tones) Always go back to the basic color wheel, and look for what is missing in your formula.....and never use less than 6% or there wont be any cuticle manipulation.Its just too tough.
GL:)
Thanks, might give 9/7 with 6% plus my usual 8 a go. She's quite a laid back client so I know she won't mind if it doesn't turn out 100%.
kate

Latest posts

Back