Colouring hair for cancer patient

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinky lou

Reaction score
I know there has been threads about this in the past but i can't get any up on my phone, I'll try and look on my laptop later.
I've got a new client booked in for Friday. She has had all treatment and now has below shoulder length hair.
She's not booked in until next sat and I'm going to see her on Tuesday to skin test and strand test.
She wants baby pink flashes through her hair, so I'd bleach then use crazy colour. She said her hairs dark blonde so I'm guessing she's a 7 or 8 base.
Like I said I'm seeing her on tues for the relevant tests but I just want reassurance that a weak bleach will be ok.

Test test test.
Could you not use a 10/0 with 1/2cm of mixtone red instead of bleach?
If you are going to bleach with 3% I'd strand test with 6%, then flat iron the life out of it.
Skin test with 1/0 on the first day, and the desired mix 2 days after and again back to 1/0 the day before. Can't be too careful.
X

Thanks tomme.
It's going to be slices so will be in foils but I thought bleach and crazy col might be better as less chance of reaction.

There's just as much chance of a reaction be it a semi, permanent or even violet shampoo.
If its in packets it's going to take time to pick them out to colour with crazy and a nightmare for the client to do when it needs refreshing x

Clients hair that has been through chemo usually is sensitive to ammonia.

I would use inoa, as its ammonia free.

Ie prelift with 10.1 30 vol, and then tone with 5.65 20 vol just for 3 minutes.

Thanks for your replies guys xx

I seen her on Tuesday took test pieces, done a skin test. Anyway she changed her mind on the pink.

I put some scattered foils through her hair using montibelo ammonia free cols. she was a base 7 so I used 9.3-9. Very fine highlights to keep it natural looking just breaking the base colour up slightly.
She laughed and said the pink was a crazy idea and she was glad I couldn't do it there and then as she'd have hated it.

Latest posts

Back