Competition and gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cec

Reaction score
Yesterday, at the awarding of prizes, when coming to nails, the judge said something like that the entries was not good enough/they could do better (I don't remember the exact wording, but I heard it like that...)

As a gel-geek, and wanting to entering competition, I wonder... With salon-nails it's easy to make gel and l/p to look the same. Some weeks ago I had some nails done with l/p and some with gel. Nobody could see the difference (and yes, I used VERY long time perfecting the l/p as I never trained in trad. l/p, only odorless/UV). However, I wonder if it's more difficult to do competition nails with gel? I have tried to pinch gel, but *I* am having problems with it (with that said, I never learned to pinch). Is it harder to get *the* competition nail with gel?

Any thoughts about this?

C.

The "standards" for competition nails have been set with acrylic for acrylic. That's just the way it is and has always been.
Pinching gel is tricky, as well as getting your smiles crisp and the nails ultra thin, for example.
But that's exactly why I personally love competing with gel: trying to get as close to those "acrylic comp nail standards" as possible!

Do you pinch the gel when competing?

Are you going to Dusseldorf next week, for the European Championship? I am going, but just to see and speak with people.

C.

That "reply with quote"-thing does not seem to work. This is answer to Cec anyway..

I don't actually pinch the gel but the tips before applying the gel.
And yes, I'm going to Dusseldorf. CU there!:wink2:

I don't actually pinch the gel but the tips before applying the gel.
And yes, I'm going to Dusseldorf. CU there!:wink2:

Moi! How's practising going? :D

Latest posts

Back