Competition French

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovenails1

Reaction score
1st choice of photo for the Comp.

I have already had this one blown up but I HATE IT!! Everything looks BLAH in it, but they looked heaps better in reality. Guess it's cos Im so sick.

Need some feedback to see if this one is OK, then the 2nd choice if possible, because I have time to change my mind still.

Thanks.

You're being too hard on yourself, I think the pic is lovely...... I'm no comp expert (or even a novice really!!) so haven't critiqued your nails, but I like the shot.

hth's

Nice Nails, but ........ unfortunately (comp nails are different to what I personally like)
Smile lines not quite sharp, deep enough.Apex could be higher. Middle finger on right hand has small indent (shows in reflection) Comp nail have to look much more contrived and fake (yet perfect at the same time) everything is exaggerated, yet a perfect example of fakeness in each area, fake smiles, fake color, fake length, fake shape, fake "c" curve etc . It's a shame, but it's what they, or (we as judges)are forced to look for.
Personally they look quite nice.

I can't believe that you saw that indent Carl!:irked: That's the most thing I am annoyed about because out of all the "line of lights" it HAD to be that one that showed up!:cry:

Thanks for your comments, I will try again if they do the Comp next year, this week I got so sick that this was the best I could do, I am disappointed because I know I can do better but that's the breaks.:rolleyes:

I can't believe that you saw that indent Carl!:irked: That's the most thing I am annoyed about because out of all the "line of lights" it HAD to be that one that showed up!:cry:

Thanks for your comments, I will try again if they do the Comp next year, this week I got so sick that this was the best I could do, I am disappointed because I know I can do better but that's the breaks.:rolleyes:
I don't miss much, ....guess thats why they ask me to judge, but as I said before "I kinda like em" If only you could see what I see when they come under the screen. Actually when I judge I write down on score sheets and justify all my marks, i'm one of the only judges that does it (takes me a little longer), but I figure it will help you to improve (and learn from your experience) next time.
Good Luck

When entering competitions, you really need to be able to take critique. I have been torn to ribbons in competitions but I have learned so much from each comment.

I have crocodile skin now LOL!

Latest posts

Back