competition nails - whats the difference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemini_beauty

Reaction score
Hi, im just wondering if anyone could help. I went into work today to find that my manager has entered me in a tip & overlay nail competition at professional beauty north in october.

Im confident at acrylic and gel nails but i was just wondering what the judges tend to look for and whether competition nails should look and different to your everyday set ie: thicker, thinner, natural looking, longer length, deep smiles i could go on forever!!!

Any advice or tips would be appreciated
thanks x x x

your manager obviously has a lot of faith in you.
i think thats really nice.

There is quite a difference, although we do have a category for Salon Nails as well.

Consistancy of your product application and smile lines is a big thing and also a perfect polish application. Take your time to read the rules, including floor Judge rules as these are ofetn the difference in the winning scores.

It is best to do a search on the site as many of the geeks do the comp thing. If you PM me your address, i can send you a copy of a score sheet that will help you understand what the judges are looking for.

HTH

Latest posts

Back