Competition Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlyc25

Reaction score
Hi all

I've just started to reply to a thread re competition nails and offer some tips which I picked up when I did my comp training..but then I had a thought - it was something that cost me extra money and if we offer advice/tips on what we have been taught in comp training, does this take away from those training sessions and one to ones...

Or do you think that if we are all armed with the same tips and techniques which we don't have to attend training sessions to obtain, would this make competitions fairer so it is purely down to technical ability.

What do you think? Tips or no tips

personally nothing beats doing a proper class

tips and things on the site are really usefull but you will find that nt everyone will give away everything they have learned ....in many cases ppl have spent out lots of money to gain knowledge and insight into competing

at the end of the day its how you perform on the day and your abilities that will make you progress as well as determination and hard work....
....you could know all there is to know (or think you need to know) but nt beable to produce the consistancy needed to do well in a nail comp so training does play a massive part in competing in my opinion...

it helps me improve and id have never had the guts or the drive to enter if it wasnt for my educator giving me a wee push in the first place! ;)

Jess
xox

Knowing it and being able to apply the informationa re two different things. i cant see any harm in passing on information that will help someone else especailly if it gets more people entering competitions.

i woudlnt ahve got how far i ahve without help form some of my fellow geeks, if they had held back then it wouldnt ahve made them the people we are.

More competitors means the anil industry gets bigger which can only be good for us, as we then get t voice to shout about the things that really do agravate in the industry

Thanks Ladies..

I am happy to share my info with other Geeks and I suppose that being able to put the extra knowledge into practice is a skill.

Saying that, there's nothing like learning from a previous Comp winner and One to One's are a real boost.

xxx

Have to make you right there charley 121's are invaluable for getting rid of those problem areas especially with a more knowledgable eye.

Sparklepink said:
personally nothing beats doing a proper class

tips and things on the site are really usefull but you will find that nt everyone will give away everything they have learned ....in many cases ppl have spent out lots of money to gain knowledge and insight into competing

at the end of the day its how you perform on the day and your abilities that will make you progress as well as determination and hard work....
....you could know all there is to know (or think you need to know) but nt beable to produce the consistancy needed to do well in a nail comp so training does play a massive part in competing in my opinion...

it helps me improve and id have never had the guts or the drive to enter if it wasnt for my educator giving me a wee push in the first place! ;)

Jess
xox

So Jess, do you have secrets you won't give away?

I think it's great to read and learn from people's experiences in competitions and what they did/didn't do but I guess the written word doesn't compare to hands on education.

I personally think at the end of the day it's down to technical ability and the ability to perform under pressure, no class can prepare you for whats it's like sitting in that room competing alongside some of the best nail tech's in the country. A class can help you with technique and the do's and don'ts of comp nails. I've done comp training, shared everything i know and seeing someone you've helped to win is as good as winning yrself.

paula1973 said:
I personally think at the end of the day it's down to technical ability and the ability to perform under pressure, no class can prepare you for whats it's like sitting in that room competing alongside some of the best nail tech's in the country. A class can help you with technique and the do's and don'ts of comp nails. I've done comp training, shared everything i know and seeing someone you've helped to win is as good as winning yrself.

Ditto to that
Yep Paula and doesn't it feel good too, when you see someone you have helped to take podium......I get all emotional then xxxx
I have done some serious butt kicking ok Competition training , getting more geeks involved in Comping, but I didn't do it for money, much more selfish reasons then that...copious amounts of tea, lmfao, a geeky weekend...
The Comping spirit of things, the get togethers and simply the fun off it....

You can teach em, you can make them do cartweels, but then on Comp day it is down to them to strut their stuff and not go to pieces, thats something you can't teach......you can teach to apply, but teach to perform on the day, well that's is another thing....

But I can see all the plus points for great 1-2-1 and if you have to pay for them thats fair enough.....Someone has to pay the piper at the end of the day and if it means who ever teaches you is taking time out, time away from their business aso and has some great Comping trophys, that you wouldn't mind having one day too, then I can why they would charge.....

JMHO

ive had some great advice, etc re competition nails (you know who you are) and its like has been said............its alot harder to put into practice what you been shown, told, or advised (as i found out tonight).. first comp training nail was great, now get the other 9 buggers looking the same, thats not so easy...............i appreciate that these comp 121's cost hard cash, but spread a little joy to us first timers............i need all the help i can get

just see for yourself

http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/28586-first-attempt-comp-nails.html

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I have done some serious butt kicking ok Competition training , getting more geeks involved in Comping,

And believe me she kicks hard :eek:

I agree with what has been said classes are the weay to go there is one thing reading it another trying to do it without being shown. If your serious about competing you need to take some classes and be shown how to do it ruth tried times to explain things to me on the phone, i simply couldn't get it but when she came here and shown me i was like oh like that and got it straight away.

Have to say without my personal butt kicker :lick: i wouldn't have got where i have in the comps :Kissing:

I have received so much information from this site and so much advice from fellow geeks about competition. I have also had competition training but, at the end of the day, competing is not just about doing a fab set of competition nails, it is about keeping your cool and putting everything into practice on the day. That is not easy and nothing can really prepare you for it other than entering.

I learn so much from competing and it makes me address many of my weaknesses. I hope to perform to my best on the day(s) and improve on my placing from the last competition. Oh I do need my butt kicked - HELP!:Scared:

crazy'n'creative said:
And believe me she kicks hard :eek:

Have to say without my personal butt kicker :lick: i wouldn't have got where i have in the comps :Kissing:

Nor me :Kissing:
x

Latest posts

Back