Competition Whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceana

Reaction score
Hi All,
What is the general opinion on this - I know we all strive for the perfect "competition white" but after the first place in the gel category at ExCel went to a set of nails with NO french finish......is it worth doing it?
Is spending 30-45 minutes perfecting the white for a small proportion of the final score wasting precious time that could be otherwise spent buffing/shaping/finishing the nail to absolute perfection??

just wanted some opinions.......

Clare

Hi Clare

Good question :biggrin:

From memory the score sheet does not differentiate between a gel nail with white and one without. It does have a section for the smile line but this could refer to the one created with just tips.

There is a meeting in a couple of weeks where a group of experienced comp people are getting together to discuss (among other things) re writing the score sheets. There are lots of anomalies in them that I think need sorting out and you've just brought up one of them!!

I think the score sheets should be published before any comp so competitors can see exacly what is being marked. Then the answer to your question would be to look and see scoring and decide for yourself.

In my experience, a lot of marks are lost on the painting!!

I will certainly be pushing for publication of the sheets so keep an eye open :eek:

Marian

Hi Marian,
Thanks so much for your reply. I do enjoy the competitions but feel there is still a lot of confusion. I understand before the recent ExCel comp gel was going to be judged with fibre, i know it was changed but are fibre entrants judged on their smile lines?
Sorry to go on but just want to get it right!!
I am glad to hear about this meeting...hopefully it will clear things up!! would love to see score sheets prior...as upper and lower arches weren't judged at excel>>???

Hope to hear from you soon and thanks again
clare

Latest posts

Back