Competiton geeks....need advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraceyJoJo

Reaction score
I'm entering on the Monday at Excel (novice) and I've got a couple of questions for those who have been before. Might seem silly but it's a couple of things I'm worried about lol!

What do you do with your overnight bags? Got to be out of room by 12pm that day so will have to take it with me. But are you allowed to put it under the desk while you compete? Or is there a locker somewhere?

Another thing is how much room is under the desk? Not sure whether to put all my nail stuff in a trolley case or a foldable holdall.

And how long does the extension lead you have to take need to be?

And lastly, are you allowed to clean up the polish on the polished hand with acetone if you go onto the fingers? This is my main fear as I start shaking when I pick the bottle up!

Any help with the above questions will be greatly received.

Many thanks

i normally leave all my stuff in my car ........

there is bit of space under the desks... but i guess it depends on how many competitors there are going to be

cleaning up the fingers is okay... just remember what red polsih can be like if you smudge it tho!

if you wanna chat... give me a call on my mob .... im off all weekend... (off out tonite :))

Jess
xox

ps......ive never taken an extension lead.... as far as i can remember.... but it mite be an idea just in case hunnio

I'm entering on the Monday at Excel (novice) and I've got a couple of questions for those who have been before. Might seem silly but it's a couple of things I'm worried about lol!

What do you do with your overnight bags? Got to be out of room by 12pm that day so will have to take it with me. But are you allowed to put it under the desk while you compete? Or is there a locker somewhere? no lockers that I am aware of, can you not leave it in your car or ask the hotel if you can leave it till you get back.

Another thing is how much room is under the desk? Not sure whether to put all my nail stuff in a trolley case or a foldable holdall. not a lot of room, but either would be ok.:)

And how long does the extension lead you have to take need to be? just a regular short one about a metre long.:)

And lastly, are you allowed to clean up the polish on the polished hand with acetone if you go onto the fingers? This is my main fear as I start shaking when I pick the bottle up! nail fresh is good to use or get a tiny brush for apply the polish around the cuticles.:)
Any help with the above questions will be greatly received.

Many thanks
hope that helps.

Thanks Jess! Thats eased my mind!

I'll buzz you tomorrow afternoon, just in case you need a lie in! Have a fab night!

And thanks Jacqui! Silly panic over now lol!

Thanks Jess! Thats eased my mind!

I'll buzz you tomorrow afternoon, just in case you need a lie in! Have a fab night!

i reckon i will def be sleeping in!.....lol.... its my sis 30th party in brighton so should be a fun nite :)

check your rules very carefully, sometimes you are not allowed acetone on the table in some comps, depends on each comp, often the rules change from comp to comp.
When in doubt, ring the organiser, get their name and document your call. Sometimes advice from those other than organisers can be wrong.

Latest posts

Back