Complaint because nail polish chipped after 5 days? Is this a joke?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejaymaloney

Reaction score
had a client ring reception today to say she was not happy as her nail polish has come off after 5 days and feels thats not right ?

it was normal nail polish no gel ?

now been rebooked complimentary for a fresh polish aplication

do u think this is genuine or a bit taking the mick ?

Last edited:
Not just taking the p*ss, but in line for a promotion to the Head of Urology...

Most definitely taking the michael!! I wouldnt offer her anything complimentary. Its a good opportunity to upsell your services by explaining the benefits of shellac (or whatever gel polish you offer)

Wow I would be pleased with 5 days... I am lucky to get to 2 and I look after my manis...lol

had a client ring reception today to say she was not happy as her nail polish has come off after 5 days and feels thats not right ?

Just ridiculous! Up-sell her a gel polish or Shellac, although she may complain that it grows out lol, Ive had a client complain about this before :grr: She left me a message after she had it on for 4 weeks saying that the gel polish had shrunk up her nail from the cuticle, kinda glad I got it as a message as Im not sure I could have held back from laughing!

Just ridiculous! Up-sell her a gel polish or Shellac, although she may complain that it grows out lol, Ive had a client complain about this before :grr: She left me a message after she had it on for 4 weeks saying that the gel polish had shrunk up her nail from the cuticle, kinda glad I got it as a message as Im not sure I could have held back from laughing!

OMG that is hilarious! God, the things clients come up with!!!!

Did you rebook the client with a complimentary service or did someone else?

Someone has made a rod for their own back! Lol. And someone better be prepared to say to the client that it is a one off offer for "good will" only as no natural nail manicure with polish is guaranteed ! She'll be back every few days otherwise.

Last edited:
Wow I would be pleased with 5 days... I am lucky to get to 2 and I look after my manis...lol

Im lucky if i get a few hours out if regular polish!! Thats unbelievable, although nothing surprised me anymore when it comes to clients lately! :/

You are going to have a client for life there....she will be back every few days for her complimentary manicure!

When she comes I would explain that the receptionist made a mistake and thought that she had a gel polish which wears longer, but normal enamel polish has no guarantee of wear and actually 5 days is pretty good going!!

As others have said chance to unsell to a gel polish
(perhaps do a pinkie as a test for her)

Im lucky if i get a few hours out if regular polish!! Thats unbelievable, although nothing surprised me anymore when it comes to clients lately! :/
haha me too, never lasts more than day.

Presuming care is taken with cleaning products etc, it's down to the strength of the natural nail largely. A thin bendy nail might manage a day or two at the most. A really strong nail might get a week or more.

You could paint 10 different people's nails and they would all last a different length of time.

It might be just ignorance which has caused your lady to complain . . . for instance if she has a friend whose polish lasts ages, she would maybe expect the same, unless someone explains why that might not be the case. Some people think the base and top coat work miracles . . . they don't.

A colleague of mine (my day job is in the travel industry) complained to me that after visiting our local salon her french manicure (varnish only) only last a week - A WEEK?!! I told her that she was lucky to not have it chip after 2 days, let alone a week!
Especially as she does a lot of typing!

This is ridiculous - time to put these silly people right.

I'm lucky if I can get through the day without chipping mine thanks to a obscene amount of typing on a daily basis!!:smack:

I get a chip after a day with regular varnish, I avoid it like the plague now!! I wouldn't dream of complaining it coming off after 5 days I would be damn pleased ;) xx

Out of all of my clients I have only two whose traditional polish lasts a freakishly long time (12-14 days).

Without fail I tell clients that if they don't get either Shellac or OPI Gelcolor that I offer, I will not guarantee their polish. I don't know why anyone opts for traditional polish, at least on their fingers anyway.

Normal polish chips the day I put mine on! 5 days..wow I wish mine lasted that long lol!

Mine also lasts a freakishly long time :) Lasts 2-3 weeks

Lol no idea, I'd love to know how it lasts so long :)

Latest posts

Back