Complaint so confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamqueen

Reaction score
I've had a client complain because her tapes have slipped and she took them out, im almost certain sje hasnt followed the aftercare.
I have offered to re fit them for free as a good will gestire, she has decided she wants her old nano rings put back in instead. I told her this would not be done free, there would be a small charge as it's a different service. Well know she's kicking off asking for my insurance details etc. Pretty sure my insurance won't even cover tapes slipping and her removing them?! She's tried to guilt me then bully me into doing nano rings for free now this. Any advice please. I'm at a total loss here.

I've had a client complain because her tapes have slipped and she took them out, im almost certain sje hasnt followed the aftercare.
I have offered to re fit them for free as a good will gestire, she has decided she wants her old nano rings put back in instead. I told her this would not be done free, there would be a small charge as it's a different service. Well know she's kicking off asking for my insurance details etc. Pretty sure my insurance won't even cover tapes slipping and her removing them?! She's tried to guilt me then bully me into doing nano rings for free now this. Any advice please. I'm at a total loss here.
Stand your ground. Some clients do not understand we don't do this job for a hobby/for fun.......I mean this is a REAL job right [emoji24]

Say you are happy to do a good will gesture with the same service, but unfortunately you cannot do a free service for another method as this would be the same if someone changed their mind.

Even if you gave your insurance details, they wouldn't discuss anything about your policy with her.
Say that if she would like to take it further you will pass correspondence onto your insurance company, as this is how it's dealt with.

Then say "I am sorry we couldn't come to a solution we were both happy with"

Then do not reply AT ALL x

Stand your ground. Some clients do not understand we don't do this job for a hobby/for fun.......I mean this is a REAL job right [emoji24]

Say you are happy to do a good will gesture with the same service, but unfortunately you cannot do a free service for another method as this would be the same if someone changed their mind.

Even if you gave your insurance details, they wouldn't discuss anything about your policy with her.
Say that if she would like to take it further you will pass correspondence onto your insurance company, as this is how it's dealt with.

Then say "I am sorry we couldn't come to a solution we were both happy with"

Then do not reply AT ALL x

So glad to have at least one reply, so the good will gestire was right, I do t have to put nano rings in for free because she wants those instead, I only swapped the nanos for tapes 2 weeks ago.. I think she may have jist changed her mind about tapes and is trying to pull a fast one. I didn't sleep last night with worrying about all this. This is my first ever complaint.

Where's the proof they even slipped? I presume she didn't like them as much as the nanos and took them out. Come up with a story they slipped hoping you would refit her nanos for free.

As said above insurance won't talk to her and definitely won't do anything as you haven't caused her harm, loss of earnings ect ect x

Where's the proof they even slipped? I presume she didn't like them as much as the nanos and took them out. Come up with a story they slipped hoping you would refit her nanos for free.

As said above insurance won't talk to her and definitely won't do anything as you haven't caused her harm, loss of earnings ect ect x

She sent one photo when they were soaking wet, so of course they had dropped. I do now believe she changed her mind and was playing on me being a off arse. Hoping I'd do it just to shut her up. My insurance would laugh at me if I contacted them about this. I've tried to call her as she keeps texting, she's told me she's to upset to talk, more like she wants screen shots as "evidence" I've been very polite and calm, I've said I'm no longer going to discuss this via text message.

In future, I would suggest before you admit fault and suggest good will gesture. ALWAYS ask the clients to come in so you can assess the issue. Also do not discuss issues unless it's face to face. This is where you will find out about her aftercare. You ask open questions, such as demonstrate to me how you wash your hair. Show me how you brush your hair extensions. Etc...

At this time of year especially paid day weekend, alot of unreasonable clients see it as a ticket for freebies! They will prey on your kindness! Be firm and professional, remind her that this is a business and this is your brand image, not a charity.

See I think everything in writing is better!

That way you cannot play you said she said....blah blah

Thanks for your support and replies.

Writing helps yes. However the stylist doesn't know exactly what the issues are as she hasn't assessed it. When you are face to face at the appointment and ask open questions, this reveals what the issues are and then they can be resolved. Admitting and offering a good will gesture before assessment, leaves the client open to take the biscuit. Which in this case had happened, and it can lead to back and forth messages which is a waste of time and money on the stylists behalf.

Writing helps yes. However the stylist doesn't know exactly what the issues are as she hasn't assessed it. When you are face to face at the appointment and ask open questions, this reveals what the issues are and then they can be resolved. Admitting and offering a good will gesture before assessment, leaves the client open to take the biscuit. Which in this case had happened, and it can lead to back and forth messages which is a waste of time and money on the stylists behalf.

She won't even answer my calls never mind come to an Appointment, she's been a pain from the start if I'm honest, rings and texts all hours, no concept that it's gone 9pm and I'm aloud personal time, it's not like I'm an on call Dr. I asked her to pop by so I could take a look and She told me she had already taken them all out. The texts the last 2 days have been non stop, her sister even sent me a snotty message via Facebook, she has moaned about me on Facebook too. She's forgot to mention I've offered her 2 solutions and she has refused both, she has refused to answer my calls. I have told her I won't be replying to any more text messages and I haven't, even if it has killed me lol.

I wouldn't worry about it, she sounds like a chancer! As for her sister messaging you. Make it clear you cannot discuss clients information under the data protection. That is boarderline harassment!

Personally I would block all of them! You are trying to run a buisness and do not need their drama. One silly complaint will not ruin your business, keep it moving you are doing well!

Totally agree.

I get everything in writing so I know what I've said. And everything if needed can be passed to a solicitor (I have just used this myself and thankfully was covered) x

Thankyou. I need to hear this from other professionals.

Latest posts

Back