complimentary therapys or salon/spa management university degree, advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dior_kisses

Reaction score
I am doing a BND in beauty therapy sciences at college. when i finsh this course i would love to go to university to do a degree in complimentary therapys or salon and spa management. Has any one done this and if so did they think it was worth it and what university did you go to? thanx xx

Hi! I am a complementary therapist and have been practising now for 10 years...I did go to uni, but not for the therapies, I did those part time at a local college...I think it all depends what you want to do...what your end goal is????

If you want to be a therapist, then maybe do the CT training
If you want to be a manager, then do salon management

Personally, I have found that most of my management experience has come from running my own business...along with attending short courses on aspects of business management e,g HR, Finance, Marketing etc

I don't know what "hands on" experience you have, but one thing to bear in mind is that if you want to manage others, it is really helpful to have had the groundwork experience....both in terms of training and passing on experience on how to deal with situations etc and also because it gives you the opportunity to learn from more experienced therapists/managers - through both their sucesses and mistakes!!!!

Best of Luck & Happy Easter!
Zoe
xx:confused:

I believe it is a relatively new degree, therefore not many people may have completed it:hug:

The University Of Derby-Buxton do a degree course in International Spa Management. University of Derby - Buxton I went a couple of years ago but i left after a short while as i didn't really enjoy it, but it seemed like a good course and Buxton is a gorgeous place.

HTH xxx

I have thought quite a bit about doing a similar degree, and i did a little bit of investigation and sadly found that those with degrees rarely earnt more money than those with experience.

I would love to finally get the degree i've always wanted, but if the losses outweigh the gains..... i won't be able to.

Latest posts

Back