Computer package

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boop

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know what type of package would be needed to make personalised marketing/advertising leaflets like this?

(not my picture - just using for the purpose of this post)

Many thanks

Attachments

• leaflet.jpg
    leaflet.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 173
I'm not exactly sure but you would be looking into the £1000's I would think, if you want something like this done I would highly recommend a designer, much easier than buying expensive software, working out how to use it and then actually making the designs! I can highly recommend Verve. He has just designed my price lists and they are beautiful :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399742487.243189.jpg

Sorry I can't be much help with your question xx

I wondered if it was publisher? As I see people doing one of posters like the one I showed on there facebook psges etc

Look at Serif page plus or draw plus if you want to to it yourself - depends how quick to are to pick up the basics needed

. Free download of a basic one or agree with above poster try Carl at verve

I create all our posters, leaflets, price lists (which are an 8pp booklet) etc in Word or PPT and then just save as a pdf.
Never had any problems with printers accepting them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You never get 100% quality from a publisher or word file PDF. The quality isn't there as you are using software for not what it's made for.

The one posted by the op is most likely done in Photoshop or illustrator.

You never get 100% quality from a publisher or word file PDF. The quality isn't there as you are using software for not what it's made for.

The one posted by the op is most likely done in Photoshop or illustrator.

Totally agree. Poor marketing material is worse than none!

The printing sites say they accept this so not sure why they would in that case. Also my main job is in IT presentations and everything I get produced looks great. We get many compliments on our marketing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

The reason printing sites accept the files are for many reasons. Main one is they want your money.

The vast majority (it's the norm), if they can fiddle it to be printed they will. We will reject it if I don't think it will look nice quality wise. If I say it won't be 100% and clients say go ahead then of course we proceed but I won't do it without a say so. It looks bad on me and the company.

I don't disagree that publisher makes great presentations. That's what it's for. The main reasons it's not been made for printing industry design is because;
1. It's RGB. You will get a colour shift dependant on colour.
2. It's never 300dpi or vectored text. Therefore text and graphics will never be 100%.

There the 2 top ones of the top of my head.

Think of it this way - You can use a hammer to crack a nut of course but it's not made to crack nuts, yet it'll still do the job. Hence you use a nutcracker. Correct tool for the right job. (Excuse the poor analogy lol).

I use publisher but not for printing only for use on the web.

I have in have last and the quality isn't good, it's ok but could be a lot better.

I've used banner penguin for printing things designed by Carl @ verve and it's been perfect :)

Jemima :)

I use publisher but not for printing only for use on the web.

I have in have last and the quality isn't good, it's ok but could be a lot better.

I've used banner penguin for printing things designed by Carl @ verve and it's been perfect :)

Jemima :)

Thanks for the props :)

You're 100% correct. For the web it's fine as the web displays at 72dpi rather than a print standard of 300dpi :)

It looks like something like illustrator or InDesign. We use a guy to do all our posters flyers brochures and web. Www.plungestudios.co.UK

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back