Concealor under eyes make wrinkles stand out - help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nzgrooverider

Reaction score
:irked: I'm wondering how I can conceal the under eye area during wedding makeups without seemingly causing MORE wrinkles than are already there? I use Mineral makeup and apply moisturiser before applying the powder to the under eye. I dab some moisturiser over top of it as well to eliminate any powdery look, but hey presto, in 10 minutes those wrinkles are standing out like a sore thumb! Even worse than when the client is not wearing makeup!. Help!

Hi -
- You might be going at it too heavily- sometimes less is more! Obvious statement , but true. Are you applying the concealer first.? Then just blend gently with the foundation with a wedge sponge.
Also -be careful with your choice of concealer. Sometimes people go too light. so it just stands out. be careful with the powder too -it will just sit in the creases.

Also be careful about using the so called 'light diffusers'( as in some high profile brands)
They can make wrinkles stand out even more under certain lights, as they contain titanium dioxide which although are light reflecting pigments, they can look flourescent .
(thats the same stuff that's the SP factor in chemical sunscreens. Many moisturisers have it - to give you skin a glow)

Just keep experimenting. Good luck.

Meridenxx

Latest posts

Back