Concrete glitter floor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FeelingLippy

Reaction score
Hi Geeks :)

Just wondering if anyone knows how to do the concrete glitter floors I have heard about? A girl I met at a party suggested it to me but I don't know exactly what she meant or how to do it? We were talking about what flooring I could do quite reasonably priced and she said a salon she was in back in UK just had concrete floor and threw glitter down. Obviously there must be more to it than this, does anyone have any idea? X

I'm doing this to my salon end of month! There is a you tube vid on how to do it. It looks amazing and very simple to do.

It's all varnished in afterwards so the glitter won't go no where!

I'm doing this to my salon end of month! There is a you tube vid on how to do it. It looks amazing and very simple to do.

Sorry to butt in but do you have a link ? x

Surely a concrete floor is going to be freezing?!

Could you not do it on any hard floor? x

Well the video says you have to seal it with 5 layers of whatever it was they were putting on top so I suppose it would have to adhere to your flooring properly? It's bound to make a concrete floor better but would it look as good on anything else or just a bad DIY job lol x

part of me wonders if she meant the stuff you can get in a lot of nightclubs?

I used to work in a large London venue and while I was there they got a gery/black sparkley glitter floor put down in one of the sitting areas. It went down a bit like concrete in as much as the floor needed to be filled/made up of this substance and then left to dry for a few days. It looked amazing though!

Seven hams has this by me in tiles.
I always assumed it was granite with the quartz on show and highly polished? I've seen glitter mixed into paint before to give a sparkly wall. Xoxo

Hey guys, I found out what she meant and how to do it, someone sent me a few photos and i went to see a salon today that has it. You paint the concrete floor with wall paint of whatever colour you choose in small sections. As you finishe painting the section you sprinkle your chosen glitter over. You repeat this for all floor then once dry you seal with concrete sealing paint, two or three coats. The salon today I saw looked gorgeous, would never know it wasn't flooring

I thin I'd have my whole house in black glitter stone if I was allowed. I'm very jealous :)

ooh that sounds fab. Glitter floors all year round. Beautiful. The Disney shop in our town centre has a georgous glittery floor. I want it.:D

We're I used to work had black glittery floors and walls in the spray tan room so you could wash them, but it was like floor covering. It came on a huge roll and they used this really strong smelling stuff to stick it down with!! But was amazing to clean and lasts forever easier than doing 5 layers on paint

If I am ever luck enough to have my own salon this is the flooring I want too!

They have it at Heathrow Airport Departure Lounge and everytime I go in I am mesmerised! Haha!

This sounds like fibreglass floors that are laid with a type of resin and you can choose any colour design..
My ex boyfriend did this many years ago...
Lasts forever

Has anyone got a picture, tried googling but nothing that I can see comes up in images

Latest posts

Back