Confused.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perry_Althair

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I tried a new toner on my hair last night and it's confused me a little.
In affinage, ash tones are numbered 1: green, 2: violet and 21: blue.

In the satin range (quasi) they have a 002 which is used as a silver toner. Which, using the numbering system is a clear with a touch of violet. I mixed 10gs of 000 and 5gs of 002 to dilute it so I could get it to the colour I wanted...the tint went purple fairly quickly which happens when using any other violet toner but when I washed it off, it was pretty blue, no purple in sight. How is this possible? Don't get me wrong, I like the colour, but it worries me that if I used it again with on a client to neutralise yellow tones, it could go green!

Anyone got any ideas? Lol

Hey guys...

I tried a new toner on my hair last night and it's confused me a little.
In affinage, ash tones are numbered 1: green, 2: violet and 21: blue.

In the satin range (quasi) they have a 002 which is used as a silver toner. Which, using the numbering system is a clear with a touch of violet. I mixed 10gs of 000 and 5gs of 002 to dilute it so I could get it to the colour I wanted...the tint went purple fairly quickly which happens when using any other violet toner but when I washed it off, it was pretty blue, no purple in sight. How is this possible? Don't get me wrong, I like the colour, but it worries me that if I used it again with on a client to neutralise yellow tones, it could go green!

Anyone got any ideas? Lol

This sound similar to 10av in matrix, it mixes white, changes to grey, then blue then purple and gives a great soft crisp ash when rinsed off lol x

This sound similar to 10av in matrix, it mixes white, changes to grey, then blue then purple and gives a great soft crisp ash when rinsed off lol x

Spoo strange lol loving it though! X

I think all of up have had a nice blue tinge at some point trying out toners.

To be honest i just wouldn't try that one on a client just in case.

My sister has full head bleach highlights so she's my guini pig for new toners at the minute (she just doesn't know it) xx

Latest posts

Back