Confused on the period matter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautyw

Reaction score
Ok guys, I no this will probably sound weird but I have been on the pill for a good few years now and my last period didn't come (I'm not pregnant) so I decided to stay off the pill just to let my body have a break from it and now I'm confused as to when my period should be coming :s as I would have just relied on the pill telling me!!

I finished my last pack on 4th January so my 7 day break would be from 5th - 11th but no period. Can someone help me out as to when my period should be due? Thanks :s

It can take a month or two for your regular cycle to return to normal in some people, keep an eye on it & use protection, unless you're trying for a baby ;), if it's not back to normal in a month or two go to your GP, I wouldn't be too concerned just yet hun everyone is different xx

An average cycle is 28 days. I always count day one as the first day of period then count 28 days from then for the next one.

Ok guys, I no this will probably sound weird but I have been on the pill for a good few years now and my last period didn't come (I'm not pregnant) so I decided to stay off the pill just to let my body have a break from it and now I'm confused as to when my period should be coming :s as I would have just relied on the pill telling me!!

I finished my last pack on 4th January so my 7 day break would be from 5th - 11th but no period. Can someone help me out as to when my period should be due? Thanks :s

It can depend a lot on how regular you were before going on the pill. Your period should return to what it was previously so if it was irregular before, then this is what it will return to.

Thanks for the replies. But do I count the 28 days from when my period was suppose to come or from when I was suppose to start the pill again? Just want to be prepared if my period will be due this weekend or next :s

Just double check that ur not pregnant!!!!

Have took two tests and I'm def not pregnant. Just want to no when do I start counting the 28 days from? When I finished the last pack of pills or when I was suppose to start the new pack? Just want to no if my period is due this weekend or next :s

28 days from the first day of your last period...

Hi, when I came off the pill it took me 6 months to have a period! Doc told me it was because.....

. "The hormones contained in the birth control pill prevent ovulation – they stop your ovaries from releasing eggs. When you stop taking the pill, it may take your body some time to start producing its own hormones which stimulate the ovaries into producing and releasing eggs"

Latest posts

Back