Confusing! Tutors teaching different methods.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missgiggles

Reaction score
when you was at college learning , did anyone of you find that each tutor tells you different? and basically tell you . what the other tutor has said is totally wrong?

well thats how alot of us felt tonight ! we have learnt how to prep a nail again tonight , we did this last week , and we have done this again today ( witha different tutor) to be told we are doin it wrong?

and also how to fit a nail tip on etc. i feel like in space of 3 hours shes crammed in so much i feel like screaming and giving up !!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I didn't do a college course ... I did CND training and company training which when you go with a company with a great reputation is the best education you can get along with the best products. It is too bad you did not choose this option as CND is right in Leeds on your doorstep. 08452106060 is the number if you wish to enquire.

Since you're already enrolled and attending its probably not feasible to pick up and go somewhere else for your education. If your school has a good reputation (and if it doesnt, why would you be there???!) Then youre probably just experiencing that overwhelming feeling that nearly everyone gets when loaded with a ton of new information (heck, I experienced that when i got a new mobile phone a few months ago:). Just remember that everyone has their own way of doing things, as a nail tech you'll find your way of doing things (products, implements and techniques that work for you, and may not necessarily be the way you were taught), your instructors also have their own way to do things, they could both be right. You'll also find that lots of nail techs (and people in general) feel the way they do it is "the right way" and if someone else does it differently they are automatically wrong, as long as you are following your safety and sanitation laws its rarely the case in a creative profession like ours that anybody is wrong. Dont get too discouraged, just take in the information and you will learn how to (or how not to) use it for yourself.

Yes, I had this happen in my college too.

One instructor told me one thing during pedicuring and another instructor told me a different thing during manicuring (it applied to both) and it ended up that the second instructor marked my answer (which was right) wrong on my exam and it made the difference between getting Honours and not. But in the process I ended up getting in a tiff with the second one.

I had it all sorted out, however it was really frustrating.

Would you like to share what the two different sets of instructions were?

There is always more than one way to do things. It doesn't make either way WRONG.

Frankly these teachers (?) should get their act together so all are singing off the same hymn sheet! instead of competing with each other.

What they should be teaching is safe gentle methods to do prep and efficient safe methods to apply tips which would lead to the same goal in the end .. which is maintaining the health and integrity of the natural nails during an enhancement treatment.

Latest posts

Back