Congestion Charge in London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
Hi, Sean and I are spending a couple of days in London next month and I was wondering if the cabs charge extra during the congestion charge period or if it's the same price whatever time you take one?

Before anyone suggests the Tube...... I don't 'do' the Underground! :Scared:

Thanks
Jackie

Cabs usually work on daytime, evening and nightitme pricing, and daytime is the cheapest. You only need pay congestion charge once per day so for a cab driver this doen't work out too expensive amongst all his clients.

The underground isn't that bad....apart from rush hour tbh! Depends on where your going really, but the buses really are worth considering nowadays, they are frequent, clean and cheapish, and you usually get a good view around town.

I would suggest that if you don't like the underground, hop on a bus. The bus services are good in Central London and it is the best way to see the City. Check out this link Bus and tram | Transport for London

Weather permitting, I would highly recommend the Bus Tour from Westminster to Kew Gardens or Westminster to Greenwich. There is a fab market at Greenwich on a Sunday and loads of nice wee restaurants with a great buzz. The commentary on these tours are informative and entertaining too.

Hope you have a fab time!:)

Thanks Lindsay & Christine! :)

We're only going for 2 days so not much time to do a whole load of things. We are going to see Phantom though which I've been hoping to see for over 20 years!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm not good with crowds and get a bit claustrophobic, one of the reasons for avoiding the Tube, I have memories of what is was like from my younger days, I can't imagine its got any better! Mind you, I doubt the perverts will want to accost me now I'm middle aged - but just the thought of being on the tube makes me shudder. :eek: As we're so short of time I thought taking a cab to the few places we wanted to go (theatre/restaurant etc) would be the quickest option but wanted to be fore-warned if they were going to fleece us with congestion charges!

Buses are a good idea, we might take that tour you mentioned Christine on our last day, sadly, we're going to be there mid-week so will miss out on all the great weekend markets.

Thanks again
Jackie

ooohhh you lucky thing going to see Phantom, I have seen it you will have a great time it is fab, and I bet you cry lol..take plenty of tissues ...xxx

Cabs are exempt from the congestion charge so I wouldnt imagine their prices are any different at that time.

Hi Jackie

Let me know when you're up here and maybe meet for a coffee? I can point you in the direction of some good places.

Phantom is amazing!!!!!

Thanks for the tip about the tissues Suzie - I'll be sure to pack a full box! I'm SO looking forward to it, waited over 20 years to see this!

Marion thanks, that would be lovely, I'll be sure to drop you a line! Wish we had more time in London, I'm desperate to see 'Wicked' as well but I guess that will have to wait until our next trip over. :)

Latest posts

Back