Conservatory for doing nails, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alicenw

Reaction score
I’m starting out as a nail tech and am planning on converting a conservatory- more like a ‘lean-to’ into a nail salon. I didn’t even consider this might be an issue until I saw a nail post on Facebook, where people have said this is a ‘no-go’ and that gel will cure on the brush in conservatories and products will be wrecked. This has put the biggest spanner in my plans and now I’m unsure what on Earth to do. I’ve considered UV film for the windows but the roof is see-through plastic and would probably be the main issue. We can’t afford to get a proper roof for the structure. I’m not sure blinds would really prevent light from coming into the room. I assume the curing issue is because of UV rays and not an issue with the heat of a conservatory? Please help - any ideas or advice welcome!

Yes it's the light that can cause a problem, some people have no issues, some do. You don't necessarily need blinds but some kind of covering would be advisable, maybe voils, or sheer curtains so you filter the direct sunlight. Heat and cold are also a problem in conservatories, not for products but for you and your client, they tend to be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Take heart, it is possible! I have my set up in a lean-to conservatory. Yes, ambient UV light from the sun can be a problem, as can heat making acrylic set too fast!

I put up a sail shade over the ceiling that has UV protection and made blinds for the windows. As for heat, there are two doors and 6 opening windows which make all the difference. I could get an air conditioner at a push, but I haven't felt a desperate need to so far.

I even have my own separate loo and a coffee machine so I'm able to work leaving the house in peace.

1edb35b507bab5fba5bfc6dc333e3fc9.jpg

There you go...

I keep the gels in drawers or in a display cabinet that doesn’t get hit by the sun and my desk is placed to be shaded at all times as the sun moves round. I don’t have any problems but I love the natural light to work in.

Latest posts

Back