consultation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
well first of all im new here so heloo to everyone!! I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me any advice...im at college doing beauty therapy and havent been doing it too long but we're about to start getting clients in for treatments and im finding the consultation part difficult, my tutor told us we should already know what skin type our client has just from filling the form in but we have very basic forms which only ask one or two questions. I was just wondering what sort of questions i could include etc... i hope all that makes sense!

Thanks a lot =o)

Hi hun just wanted to welcome you to the site, i only do nails at the mo so cant answer your q`s but there will be someone on here to help you out :hug:

well first of all im new here so heloo to everyone!! I was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me any advice...im at college doing beauty therapy and havent been doing it too long but we're about to start getting clients in for treatments and im finding the consultation part difficult, my tutor told us we should already know what skin type our client has just from filling the form in but we have very basic forms which only ask one or two questions. I was just wondering what sort of questions i could include etc... i hope all that makes sense!

Thanks a lot =o)
How do they find their skin?i.e tight or oily.
Do they suffer from sensitivity?i.e is it red or does it go red easily after using certain products.
What is their usual skin care regime?
How much water do they drink a day?
Is there skin sallow?
Do they smoke?
What is their diet like?
Do they eat healthily?
Do they use soap?
Do they have spots?
Do they have Milia?White spots,not white heads.
have a little think of what else you could ask,I hope this has given you some ideas.

By the way welcome.:)

thanks a lot for your reply! thats really helped, i'll have a think of some other questions aswell =o)

thanks again!

Hi hun just wanted to welcome you to the site, i only do nails at the mo so cant answer your q`s but there will be someone on here to help you out :hug:

ooh and thanks for the welcome! =o)

Thanks a lot =o)

We do a pretty comprehensive consultation, however, once we have done this, we still do a visual and physical examination of the skin. Just because a person thinks their skin is a certain condition does not always mean so. The consultation gives you an idea of what could be going on, the you really need to learn to identify what is going on with the skin by looking at it and feeling it.

We ask all the same questions as a previous poster mentioned as well as others, such as

how much alcohol and caffine do you consume
do you exercise regularly
what medications are you on
do you have any allergies
are you or have you been under the care of a dermatogogist
have you undergone any microdermabration or other chemical exfoliants
do you burn easily
what is your stress level
do you use a sunscreen
are you pregnant or trying to concieve
are you lactating
are you having or near having your menstrual cycle