Consultations - do you do them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry out pre treatment consultations?

• Yes, for absoutely everything

Votes: 189 78.8%
  • Yes, but only for certain treatments

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • No, my manager won't let me

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • No, I don't see the point

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • No, for some other reason (please specify)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Hi Lynne,

Yes that's right, you do need an audit trail to cover your own back if there is ever a claim. (My hubby works in insurance). Basically if you don't consult or patch test for say, waxing, tinting or tanning and the client has a reaction and claims...you will at best be partially and at worst, fully liable. EVEN if they didn't carry out the correct aftercare because you didn't follow a suitable procedure, EEk!

Call me a stickler, but I won't do a treatment without a consultation and even those that have been coming to me for years for the same treatmennt don't escape me asking if anything has changed since the last appointm

I am always shocked. I have been to a lot of local salons, some award winning and never have been asked to fill in a consultation for a facial, massage, pedicure, manicure or acrylic nails.

I always fill in a record card and on the few occasions that I have forgotten them (while mobile) I always ask the questions anyway. I tend to run through the questions verbally anyway while setting up and it makes the filling in the card when we get to it faster then just have them sign it.

I finally have a pot to pee in and im not looking to have it sued out from under me.

When there as a client, I am always disappointed in a salon when I dont get a consultation not just for legal reasons, but when I pay decent coin for a treatment I expect it to be somewhat tailored to me and I expect them to be concerned of doing anything harmful. When a therapist takes an interest in my health, possible contraindications, skin issues, diet and other things, it doesnt just make me feel they are doing their bit for safety, but I feel like I am going to get the most out of this treatment because they are tailoring it for me.

So for those out there who kind of see it as a chore thats not really necessary, legal ramifications aside, I believe it truly makes a difference to your clients experience.

Latest posts

Back