contact dermatitis on neck?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailartist

Reaction score
About two weeks ago, I started getting a crazy itch around the base of my neck. There was no rash, no blisters, etc, it just itched. And it STILL itches today, and I'm wondering if I could be having product sensitivity issues? It just seems weird to be having them on my neck, because it's not a place I touch while I'm working. I recently started wearing a terrycloth wristband on my right wrist because I kept dragging it in uncured acrylic filings, and monomer that would get on the table, and had several days of the contact derm on that spot on my wrist. I've been able to avoid that now with the wrist bands.

I can't think of anything else I'm doing that would cause this neck itching, though. No new meds (that I haven't discontinued already), I don't THINK it's my new laundry detergent, but I've switched back to the old stuff just to make sure. Does it sound like it could be from product sensitivity?

And Why don't you go to the doctor???!!

Oh, the doctor is on my list (I've got to see him for some other stuff anyway)--I just wanted to get some other thoughts. :)

Oh, its always better to get info from the doctor,they know best!!

Have you recently brought a new perfume? I got this when I changed perfumes once. Good advise about the docs if it is persistent. :hug:

Hiya. It may seem an odd thing to say, but I suffer from this sometimes when I am stressed! Are you stressed at all? x

I get this sometimes (got it at the mo!), I find mine happens when I get too hot, it's almost like a sweat rash. It's very difficult not to scratch it but I find it goes away if I leave it alone. Do ask the doc when you see them as it could be something else :hug:

Thanks for the replies, ladies. :) I haven't change perfumes, but we did switch laundry detergents recently, to one that is supposedly more "natural" but has some essential oils in it. I've never had an allergic reaction to essential oils before, but I guess it could happen. I bought some of the old stuff to see if that helps.

And I WILL be checking with my doc if the itch doesn't go away soon! Arg!!

Latest posts

Back