Contact lenses online

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
For all you contact lens wearers who buy online, who do you buy from?

I see they are a lot cheaper than from the opticians, just need to know the best place to buy from.

I get mine from Asda. Dailies are £18 for a month's supply xxx

Oh, also heard Costco is good :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

All lenses are cheaper online!! Tescos/asda or specsavers online!! X x

I don't buy on line but go to Eyesite in Brighton town centre, a faff to get to, but fab for an excuse to wander round town whilst you're there anyway :lol:

They offer a price match, take the evidence of the price you've found on line and they will match it. They will also post them out to you for free. You have to have an eye test, etc. there to qualify.

You'll still need an eye test and Contact Lens perscription to buy on line anyway so you might as well take advantage of price matching.

How do they know online if you have a contact lense prescription?
Spec savers told me I should have glasses September last year, I refused and said no contacts I want but they near enough insisted I had glasses. I've worn coloured before so know how to put in and remove so its now just getting the actual contacts, is it a different prescription to have contacts? Xoxo

Spec savers told me I should have glasses September last year, I refused and said no contacts I want but they near enough insisted I had glasses. I've worn coloured before so know how to put in and remove so its now just getting the actual contacts, is it a different prescription to have contacts? Xoxo

Yes a contact lens perscription is different to glasses, there is a gap between your eyes and the lenses in glasses which isn't present with contact lenses so it's different requirements

You will have to provide a copy of your perscription to your online supplier either by post/email

I used to work in an opticians and it is a different prescription used.

To give you an example my prescription is:

R: -1.25 +0.25 090
L: -1.50 +0.25 180

And I wear -1.50 in both lenses.

To be given a contact lens prescription please go to an opticians. I also do trust most lenses arrive correct from online but I had many cases that woman ordered online and they couldn't see and when the prescription was checked it wasn't what had been ordered and the ladies had assumed it would be correct so didn't check it against the paper copy of the prescription.

You also need a valid contact lens prescription to order online, contact lens prescriptions last 6 months and if a check has not been completed within 6 months most suppliers won't provide lenses xx

My husband used to go to a top end opticians but now goes to ape savers and pays half. One check up per year and they get posted to him.

I used to work in an opticians and it is a different prescription used.

To give you an example my prescription is:

R: -1.25 +0.25 090
L: -1.50 +0.25 180

And I wear -1.50 in both lenses.

To be given a contact lens prescription please go to an opticians. I also do trust most lenses arrive correct from online but I had many cases that woman ordered online and they couldn't see and when the prescription was checked it wasn't what had been ordered and the ladies had assumed it would be correct so didn't check it against the paper copy of the prescription.

You also need a valid contact lens prescription to order online, contact lens prescriptions last 6 months and if a check has not been completed within 6 months most suppliers won't provide lenses xx

Just asked my mum what she does and she just enters the numbers online, no prescription shown or sent xoxo

Thanks all and yes, as Tomme says above, you dont need to produce any sort of prescription to order online...just enter your prescription.
But you would have to be pretty irresponsible to not have a current prescription, its your eyes at the end of the day.
Thanks Tina, I will check out Eyesite.
I have astigmatism, so contacts are always more expensive for me.
x

Thanks all and yes, as Tomme says above, you dont need to produce any sort of prescription to order online...just enter your prescription.
But you would have to be pretty irresponsible to not have a current prescription, its your eyes at the end of the day.
Thanks Tina, I will check out Eyesite.
I have astigmatism, so contacts are always more expensive for me.
x

I'm going to spec savers to ask for my pesctipyion to be changed to contacts and give them to me. Xoxo

I'm going to spec savers to ask for my pescetipyion to be changed to contacts and give them to me. Xoxo

You will have to have a contact lens eye test, as its different to a glasses eye test.
x

You will have to have a contact lens eye test, as its different to a glasses eye test.
x

Grr! Not the one where they have you wear them for an hour or two? Xoxo

Grr! Not the one where they have you wear them for an hour or two? Xoxo

Well you would go and have the test and I suppose you could just ask for your prescription there and then, but they usually give /order you a trial pair which yes, you have to wear for 2 hours prior to your appt for them to then check that they are the right size/shape/prescription for you.
Basically it will cost you about £20.
x

Well you would go and have the test and I suppose you could just ask for your prescription there and then, but they usually give /order you a trial pair which yes, you have to wear for 2 hours prior to your appt for them to then check that they are the right size/shape/prescription for you.
Basically it will cost you about £20.
x

Think I'm just going to ask for my prescription and order some. I tried explaining that in my last test I had coloured contacts in but no one took any notice. Xoxo

I wear contact lenses and I get mine on line from Daysoft. They cost me £5.99 for a box of 32 lenses. I normally get 2 or 4 months supply. I used to wear focus daylies but found them expensive.
Daysoft are great and I have been buying from them for abou 2 years now. I've never had a problem with them. I just give them my prescription over the phone when I put an order in. :biggrin:

I wear contact lenses and I get mine on line from Daysoft. They cost me £5.99 for a box of 32 lenses. I normally get 2 or 4 months supply. I used to wear focus daylies but found them expensive.
Daysoft are great and I have been buying from them for abou 2 years now. I've never had a problem with them. I just give them my prescription over the phone when I put an order in. :biggrin:

£5.99 seemed too good to be true, so just checked their site and its £5.99 per box and you get 2 boxes for a months supply, so its £12.48 p/m.

Doesnt look like I am going to save much really, so might just stick with Specsavers, and it does include the test price and ANY check-ups.
x

£5.99 seemed too good to be true, so just checked their site and its £5.99 per box and you get 2 boxes for a months supply, so its £12.48 p/m.

Doesnt look like I am going to save much really, so might just stick with Specsavers, and it does include the test price and ANY check-ups.
x

I used to work with Black & lizars and they are dear tbh. I have switched to Specsavers when I stopped working for B&L and for one months supply (30 pairs of dailies ) it is £18 I think.. Which is good considering I was paying £29 per supply.

We used to get calls daily from online suppliers requesting we detail the prescription and date of prescription and advised check up date etc. so if you are providing the opticians u got your test done Amanda prescription they may just be using that and calling the opticians direct.

Xx

And a *** not Amanda hahaha!! Damn phone x

I used to work with Black & lizars and they are dear tbh. I have switched to Specsavers when I stopped working for B&L and for one months supply (30 pairs of dailies ) it is £18 I think.. Which is good considering I was paying £29 per supply.

We used to get calls daily from online suppliers requesting we detail the prescription and date of prescription and advised check up date etc. so if you are providing the opticians u got your test done Amanda prescription they may just be using that and calling the opticians direct.

Xx

Have you tried the ones you put in and leave in for an entire month without taking them out? Xoxo

Latest posts

Back