Contracts??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky n

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Im just wondering if anyone knows where you stand if you dont have a contract? I know its not ideal to not have one but i dont so u know!

If you dont have a contract do you have to give any notice? I am wanting to leave the beginning of jan but the lady i work for is saying i have to stay till the end of jan? i am self employed by the way.

Any advice wud be really apreciated thanks x

As you work for yourself, and she is NOT your employer, plus you have given her a months notice. I doubt there is much she can do about it.
Is this the same lady you have had other problems with?...x

yea it is the same lady i think well im pretty sure she is sayin i have 2 stay till end of jan coz (i said i cant afford the rent in jan)just to cover her rent in jan! so if you have no contract it seems doubtful someone can make you give 8 weeks notice!!!!:cry:

You have no contract and so you don't have to give any notice

You are self employed and so she can't dictate any hours, notice periods etc which are outside of the contract (which you don't have, so you're ok! lol)

HTHs xx

i thought i didnt have to im not tough enough though! lol:cry: x

by the same token she doesn't have to give you notice either, so you could find yourself out on your ear tomorrow..

You are self-employed, means exactly that self-employed. You do not need to give any notice.
The other party does not need to give you notice and because of that fact I would try to reach some resolution with her/him to both your advantage, could you propose to meet half way? :)

by the same token she doesn't have to give you notice either, so you could find yourself out on your ear tomorrow..

Well i would be more than happy for that to happen right now but she will not do that as she wants my rent which is why she is saying i have to stay till the end of jan

If there is no contract you could leave tomorrow if you wanted.

The first salon I worked in self employed I was on a percentage and I had a really bad bust up with the salon owner, I was sooooo angry, went home in a foul mood and knew I couldn't work another minute with her so went in on the Sunday (luckily I had a key) packed up all my stuff and left. The first she would of known about it is when she turned up for work on the Tuesday.

I gave my key to the receptionist and have never heard from her to this day and that was nearly 2 years ago.

Its not ideal but I think I would of still left even if I had a contract as I was that upset.

To be fair you have given her a months notice which is more than she is entitled to so she has plenty of time (or did) to start advertising a room to rent.

If she is a real nightmare then I would basically give her a months notice in writing and sweetly tell her that of course you will stay until the end of January if she can show you some sort of legal document that states you have to give the amount of notice she is asking for, of course she won't be able to so hopefully that should be the end of it.

Back