Contructive Critisism Wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bec~

Reaction score
Please have a look at this set of BRISA sculptures
i have done recently..........

http://www.naileuphoria.com/photo_pages/jen.htm

She has very short and wide nail beds and her natural nails fan. I now that i have done them a little to thick, but i felt i needed to for this lady as she works in a kitchen and will be very rough with them, but what i REALLY want to know is.......have i chosen the right shape for her nails, or what shape i should of went with for this lady, what would you have done???

Would LOVE some constructive critisism please. xxoo

I love em, so sweet...i think they look great and i love your little bit of art.
Really as soon as the pic cam up my first thought was pretty..nice smiles and not to long. well done !!!

oh, cool!! :suprised: Such a hard nail shape to work with!!! Thanks Angie (sincere smile right now)

Hi Bec

Nails look great, your nail art is fab.

The Nails are a little wide and heavy on the free edge.The natural nail shape is hard but you'v done a fab job. Other then that hun there Gr8..!

Vicky XX

Thanks Vicky:D , on her infill, i will work on narrowing them some. see if i can get them to look a little softer.

Hi there Bec,

Considering you had a difficult job there, I think you've done really well, and your nail art is really cute too. IMO may be the nails are just a touch on the wide side but the shape are lovely overall.

Well done! I'm sure she's pleased with them.

They look really pretty, the nail art is very fetching. Odd nail shapes are the vain of my life, my only model (daughter) has really odd nails (sorry Gemma but its true!). I think you have done a great job under the circumstances, I am not sure if I would have tried to go a little less wide if it was me doing them? Your smile lines look great:)

Hi Jules, yes, she is happy with them......her nails and hands look better now than what they did!!! Hopefully she will be MORE happier on her infill. Thanks for replyingxx

I'v been blessed with fan shape, wide with a ski jump at the end...ask Deni she LOVES doing my Nails...LOL

There so hard to do, but you'v done a lovely job. I wish i could do art like you :)

~bec~ said:
Thanks Vicky:D , on her infill, i will work on narrowing them some. see if i can get them to look a little softer.

Hi Bec,

Very stunning sweetheart, very nicely done.

I agree with you on the thickness but to be picky I would have made the smile line a bit further down the nail plate to make her nail plate look slightly longer than it normally is as you would with a nail biter. I also would have recommended a more oval or round shape again because her nails are very small. This is just my opinion of course, please don't take offence?? :o

Love the nail art too!!! :)

xxxx

Hi there Jen, yes it seems the common denominator here is that they are a little on the wide side, wich i am THANKFUL for you guys pointing it out. The lady whos fingers these are is Jen too!!!!!

Hey Vicky, the flowers are only stamps:wink2: .....if you havent seenit, i posted a thread on it in the nail art section....'my new toy'. VERY EASY!!!!!!!

They look great well done I love the nail art.

It is so good to see photos of peoples work.

Caz xxx

No offence taken. i think i know what you mean.....bring the sides of the smile lines down more. I do that on my nails.....does make the beds look longer. Will do that to on her infill. Good idea, will suggest to her we go a little rounder next time, that would make the ends look narrower!!

Rose143 said:
Hi Bec,

Very stunning sweetheart, very nicely done.

I agree with you on the thickness but to be picky I would have made the smile line a bit further down the nail plate to make her nail plate look slightly longer than it normally is as you would with a nail biter. I also would have recommended a more oval or round shape again because her nails are very small. This is just my opinion of course, please don't take offence?? :o

Love the nail art too!!! :)

xxxx

~bec~ said:
Please have a look at this set of BRISA sculptures
i have done recently..........

http://www.naileuphoria.com/photo_pages/jen.htm

She has very short and wide nail beds and her natural nails fan. I now that i have done them a little to thick, but i felt i needed to for this lady as she works in a kitchen and will be very rough with them, but what i REALLY want to know is.......have i chosen the right shape for her nails, or what shape i should of went with for this lady, what would you have done???

Would LOVE some constructive critisism please. xxoo

If they are white tips, I would not have used them as the natural nail is too short. If they are Forever French, I would have done a much smaller French. Do you agree that her nail bed is too short for a really noticable French?

I saw Ketan do a brill thing at Excel. He put on a normal tip, blended it and cut it down short to the length you would a real nail. Then, he applied a white tipe over the other tip and applied L&P (or whatever you choice is). That way, it looked as though the client had a naturally long nail bed. They looked fab.

Hope Ketan doesn't shoot me if I've got some of that wrong.

Apart from the tips, the application looks great.

Kim x

Your welcome They are sculptures so clever I can not wait till I can do these, I just use the tips for now but I am having a go at Sculptures on my nail trainer.
Well done again.
Caz xxx

~bec~ said:
thanks caz :)

"I saw Ketan do a brill thing at Excel. He put on a normal tip, blended it and cut it down short to the length you would a real nail. Then, he applied a white tipe over the other tip and applied L&P (or whatever you choice is). That way, it looked as though the client had a naturally long nail bed. They looked fab."

What a great idea..!

So he put a tip on top of a blended tip? Have I got this right?

Thanks for this
Caz xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
If they are white tips, I would not have used them as the natural nail is too short. If they are Forever French, I would have done a much smaller French. Do you agree that her nail bed is too short for a really noticable French?

I saw Ketan do a brill thing at Excel. He put on a normal tip, blended it and cut it down short to the length you would a real nail. Then, he applied a white tipe over the other tip and applied L&P (or whatever you choice is). That way, it looked as though the client had a naturally long nail bed. They looked fab.

Hope Ketan doesn't shoot me if I've got some of that wrong.

Apart from the tips, the application looks great.

Kim x

Hi Bec,
My opinion which you probably know already lol Is I would have sculpted a much higher nail bed and a smaller free-edge. They need to look more balanced. As for the finish and colour looks great :wink2:

Latest posts

Back