Conversation when removing Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloverhill

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone talks to clients about whilst they have removing wraps on (shellac!)

Please don't say weather!! Lol
I'm quite a chatty person but I'm struggling a bit lately and I have a new client in 10minutes!!

Oh yeah, I chat about all sorts!
Ask them about their day, what they are doing after the appointment, going anywhere at the weekend?
What job they do, children, holidays, pets, cars...
I can usually start a conversation with most people but just be aware that some people don't actually want a conversation and just want to sit quietly.
P+P x

Oh yeah, I chat about all sorts!
Ask them about their day, what they are doing after the appointment, going anywhere at the weekend?
What job they do, children, holidays, pets, cars...
I can usually start a conversation with most people but just be aware that some people don't actually want a conversation and just want to sit quietly.
P+P x

Haha!! I need to remember to be quiet sometimes alright! ;)
The lady was lovely & chatty herself so was fine. But would you believe she had 'shellac' done in a salon close by only it wasn't really CND Shellac, took me forever to remove!
Shellac in a black bottle?? Em, no!

Like most people, clients like to talk about themselves and their family! Ask a few questions and you can just be quiet and do the listening. :D

I always start off asking how they are, how they got on with there last set, booking in there next appointment, if they want a tea/cofffee, there next colour choice... probably talk too much! haha its sometimes trying to fit everything in the one appointment!

I always start off asking how they are, how they got on with there last set, booking in there next appointment, if they want a tea/cofffee, there next colour choice... probably talk too much! haha its sometimes trying to fit everything in the one appointment!

Haha! I'm the same with regular clients but just get a bit nervous with new clients?
Thanx :)

Like most people, clients like to talk about themselves and their family! Ask a few questions and you can just be quiet and do the listening. :D

Thank you :)

Anything and everything - especially, as geeg says, themselves... their families, their holidays, what they're up to at the weekend, if they're having a nice day. Anything.

All you have to do is light the flame and away they go :lol:

I tell you us women are blabbers lol.

When I lived in Germany most if not all of my clients were army wives and I even found out personal stuff about hubbys bosses from their wives lol. Needless to say, I told him but no one else. I find it a confidential thing, they know they can tell me 'stuff' and it never gets spread about.

This is one of the reasons why I love this job, I can't shut up lol. x

It's also the perfect time to show clients new colours chat about designs and sort out what they want next :)

It's also the perfect time to show clients new colours chat about designs and sort out what they want next :)

I was just about to say the same thing. The amount of colours I have, I tend to use this valuable time as "decision making" time, it's amazing how quick it goes! :D

Thanx for all your replies :)

It takes my clients that long to choose the next color. I usually make swatches of whatever layers or glitters they're considering while we wait.

I will agree, the time goes way too quick sometimes:)

I use this time to catch up on any issues that the client might have with their nails and pick their next color.
With regulars, you get a feel for what colors they tend to go for, so I usually pull out a few at a time that I think they will like or any they have requested and they pick one.

I agree, talking about their family is a big thing and usually gets a mention during either removal or re-application time.

And yes, I find in the last few months especially, we do talk about the weather but that's because here in Brisbane Australia, we have had really bizarre weather in the last few months/year and it's driving us all nuts:)

I usually get my ladies fingers wrapped up & then offer them a drink firstly, then we discuss what colour or designs she wants & I get out my colour pops, while she is looking through the colours I get out my files, cuticle instruments, foundation & top. Usually by the time iv done all that my Gelish is ready to come off. If not I get out my diary & we re-schedule her next appointment & I stamp her loyalty card :)

The conversation is usually flowing by then! I do however have a few clients that are 'hard work' but maybe they just want done quiet time ;-)

Latest posts

Back