Conversion from L & P to Fabric with CND??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm not trained with Creative and altho I booked my induction course (qualified with Star Nails nearly 2 years ago) I couldn't go for one reason or another.

So the question is - I'm a bit fed up with L & P; in fact very fed up. I've lost all interest and get a few headaches from the liquid. May be because I'm pregnant but I just don't feel I enjoy the system. Despite getting fairly good at them. Compared to when I started.

I'd love to learn a new system esp fabric. Can I go for the Fabric course with Creative or do I have to be trained with them in L & P first??

Can't ring til Monday so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Hi :)

I'm not trained with Creative and altho I booked my induction course (qualified with Star Nails nearly 2 years ago) I couldn't go for one reason or another.

So the question is - I'm a bit fed up with L & P; in fact very fed up. I've lost all interest and get a few headaches from the liquid. May be because I'm pregnant but I just don't feel I enjoy the system. Despite getting fairly good at them. Compared to when I started.

I'd love to learn a new system esp fabric. Can I go for the Fabric course with Creative or do I have to be trained with them in L & P first??

Can't ring til Monday so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone
If you have done recognised nail training already then you CAN do the Fabric# conversion without doing the L&P first

Its prob becuase of your pregnancy, i felt like that (headchey etc) while i was pregnant, i also found that as my ever expanding tum got bigger, i couldnt file nails straight, as i had to sit at an angle! You will get back to normal after the birth, L&P dosnt give me headches any more. Doing the fabric would be a great idea though, it gives you another string to your bow!:)

Have you thought about OPI Microwrap? It uses Future Fibre made from nylon so very strong (for fabric) comes in pre cut peices so easier to handle. Very easy system and looks lovely. I trained in Fibreglass and silk at college but much pefer OPI. Much much easier and not sooo much resin. Resin makes my eyes water and made me feel really bad when I was expecting.

Contact Lena White in Watford 01923 240010. I also did the Express Acrylic the aim is to minimise filing. I managed to do a set in an hour on my first go under exam type conditions so would be able to do a set in about 40 mins with practice. (I'm not at all experienced with L&P so if I can do it anyone can). You would be fine!!

Charlotte

Hi hun

I did the fabric conversion as few weeks back, as you know and I think you'll find it fantastic.

Its a lovely system, and I have converted most of my L&P customers as they think its a much more natural looking nail. My Bio clients stay very loyal to Bio though.

Only downside for me is its back to tipping really as (at least I've not perfected the art of) its not really suitable for sculpting. But then to be honest, I've switched to Creative tips and am finding these much more of a pleasure to work with than anything else I've tried before....so easy to blend.

pm me if you want pick my brains on anything at all.

Hi hun

I did the fabric conversion as few weeks back, as you know and I think you'll find it fantastic.

Its a lovely system, and I have converted most of my L&P customers as they think its a much more natural looking nail. My Bio clients stay very loyal to Bio though.

Only downside for me is its back to tipping really as (at least I've not perfected the art of) its not really suitable for sculpting. But then to be honest, I've switched to Creative tips and am finding these much more of a pleasure to work with than anything else I've tried before....so easy to blend.

pm me if you want pick my brains on anything at all.

You can sculpt with fabric, I did this in my Fabric# Masters class....NailsinLondon1 has a tutorial on here about how to do it, its quite easy once you know what you are doing.

You can sculpt with fabric, I did this in my Fabric# Masters class....NailsinLondon1 has a tutorial on here about how to do it, its quite easy once you know what you are doing.

I know, I read the tutorial, but I still don't think its as easy as sculpting with other systems or that successful - my thoughts have also been compounded in this thread, with comments by the first lady of Fabric herself!

http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/38874-can-you-sculpt-using-fabric.html?highlight=Fabric+Sculpting

I've used Fibreglass for nearly 3 years, I've used Fabric# for 18 months out of those 3 years and I can honestly say I've never sculpted with it apart from a broken corner of a natural nail...

Latest posts

Back