Convert your Facebook friends page to a business page before Facebook closes it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 99628

Reaction score
Hey
Seeing all over facebook and some posts here about Facebook closing friend profiles down and making people
Move to a business page. Before they do that you can convert your friends page to a business page and that way you don't lose your customers.

If you have both a friends profile and business page do the convert of the friends page to business page and then merge it with your existing business page.

Hope this helps somebody - ya spend so much time building it up and Facebook closing them down is a balls making ya start again!

Hope yas don't mind me posting just a thought if saves ya a load of hassle xx

How does it work? Can you still use your friends page after merging? I have both a biz & personal page under the same name :(

How does it work? Can you still use your friends page after merging? I have both a biz & personal page under the same name :(

https://m.facebook.com/help/www/116067818477568. No cos u will
Convert this to a business page- you will need your own personal profile to become an admin on it. Once you convert it to a page you merge with the other page - one page but all your followers
https://m.facebook.com/help/www/249601088403018

Hope that helps as it be shame to lose what you've built up!

Ahhh I so wish I knew this 4 months ago before setting up a business page from scratch. after being worried about my business profile being closed down I set up a page instead, I didn't know you could merge it, gutted! I had 850+ 'Friends' on my business profile & only have 270ish likes on my business page :( ! Thanks for sharing I'm sure lots of people will find this really useful/helpful! Xxxxxx

Awh I'm crap at this stuff, so I have my personal page with a like page added to that but when I was finding it hard to share the page and get likes I went and opened a personal page with my business name completely seperate, can the business personal page be merged to my like page on my own personal page?
Yikes that's pretty confusing!!

I've never been on facebook but had to set up a personal page in order to have a business one.

Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone any advice on building likes and getting your business facebook page out there?

I'm so new to social media!

Sorry to jump on here but, does anyone know if you're allowed to have a business 'group' on Facebook?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can merge 2 pages the only problem is the merge happens on the page with the most likes :( .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

My business profile turned to a page yesterday! But annoying as it temporarily closed down the profile until I converted. I panicked in case the friends were lost as I had around 1400 but they turned to likes. The only annoying thing is that all messages and previous updates didn't go onto my new business page! I also have to wait 2 weeks to change my page name. Find the page harder to manage than the profile but hopefully I'll get used to it!

Has anyone actually done this merge yet? I get most of my business from my business profile as it's really easy to post in selling groups so don't really want to do the merge unless I have to! I really don't want to loose all my messages as I like to see what conversation I've had with people and what I've quoted them and stuff. Plus I find the page really useless!

If I don't do it, will Facebook automatically close it down or do the merge?

And do your Friends turn into likes? Don't want to loose my customers! :(

Has anyone actually done this merge yet? I get most of my business from my business profile as it's really easy to post in selling groups so don't really want to do the merge unless I have to! I really don't want to loose all my messages as I like to see what conversation I've had with people and what I've quoted them and stuff. Plus I find the page really useless!

If I don't do it, will Facebook automatically close it down or do the merge?

And do your Friends turn into likes? Don't want to loose my customers! :(

There's another thread running about this also. It's happened to people already so you need to do it. FB merge it for you if you don't do it before them.

That's shocking that is! I can't find this other thread though?

That's shocking that is! I can't find this other thread though?

Oh, maybe it was this thread..ha! Re read the other comments.....a comment said they had theirs converted.

Yes I merged a page for my families company- had both a business page and friend profile. Converted the friends profile to page then merged the 2 into one. You lose what you've posted on the friends profile but more importantly you don't lose your customers. 😃

Ahhh I so wish I knew this 4 months ago before setting up a business page from scratch. after being worried about my business profile being closed down I set up a page instead, I didn't know you could merge it, gutted! I had 850+ 'Friends' on my business profile & only have 270ish likes on my business page :( ! Thanks for sharing I'm sure lots of people will find this really useful/helpful! Xxxxxx

Ahhhh that's a shame! Just seen so many posts on fbook bout it and it seems people didn't know u could do that and Facebook wouldn't be forthcoming... Cos they'll be thinkin yas will take ads to build customer base again! Sneaky!

Awh I'm crap at this stuff, so I have my personal page with a like page added to that but when I was finding it hard to share the page and get likes I went and opened a personal page with my business name completely seperate, can the business personal page be merged to my like page on my own personal page?
Yikes that's pretty confusing!!

They both have to be business pages to merge them. When you convert the friend profile to a business page your friends will become likes and u can merge this with the existing business page - just means you won't lose all the people you built up and they will see your posts as a business page and not a personal profile. x

I've never been on facebook but had to set up a personal page in order to have a business one.

Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone any advice on building likes and getting your business facebook page out there?

I'm so new to social media!

You can run an advert - target it down to area u cover , age interests for page likes to build it up. Competitions are good to build up page - don't do like and share as these are against Facebook rules. Can do like the page, like the post and comment. Posting in local but and sell groups too. There's a thread for posting the link to your Facebook page on here and everybody liking each others page too! xx

We've had this happen to a few friends. They had the majority of their friends transferred but lost some. But the biggest issue was they lost loads of photos and messages. We're on major back up mission on ours now before it happens :-(

Sent using SalonGeek mobile app

When you merge it, does it transfer all the photos over also?

I have had a friends page as a business page for years so its probably best I change to a like page before it gets closed down.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I converted my profile to a like page well over a year ago now and you do lose all your photos. So before I did so I just downloaded all my photos and then reuploaded in to new albums. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back