Converting beauty room to black and white-tacky or stylish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladylou

Reaction score
hi iv been on and off salon geek for years but havnt posted a comment for a long time as i gave beauty up after i had my kids silly i know cuz i love it but didnt think id be able get my self back up too standard but hey here i am ... well i was wondering who if any one has designed there beauty room black and white !! or what do u think about this colour is this too tacky or stylish i havnt seen mANY rooms black and white but am finding it hard too convert my beauty room into any thing different i dnt have much room do u have any comments or helpfull tips ...my conservatry which im turning into a salon has got white blinds and white walls and a wall i have yet too do anything too which is about ten ft by ten foot im totally baffled as too what too do :rolleyes:.... oh i also have the hd chair cuming which is black and white lol ... i was thinking iof having bklack laminate and finishing the wall of in a black and white paper of summit but scared it will just look too harsh...please help if u have any photos of a black n white salon or any one turn there conservatry ? id really really be greatfull thanks xx much love

There's a fab thread on here called Your setups where lots of geeks have put photos of their rooms on, great for inspiration. Do a search for it and enjoy! Xx

My home salon is black, white, silver and grey. Welcome to have a look www.thenailbeautique.co.uk/studio

I love these colours so much so did my bedroom in the same colours too recently. My logo matches too and the good thing about black and what you can always accent with a colour at a later stage. X x x

If youre on your mobile click on standard link at bottom as can see picture better hth x

hi thanks for that ur homesalopn looks great my only problem is i have all windows bar one wall so cnt put any thing on the windows and the wall has two glass doors through it so only the sorounding area i can decorate its big enough i just dnt know which way too go i already have white table bed and walls so was going get floor laminated black and add the hd chair which is black n white buty dnt know where too go from there im gutted i dnt have no space i like the silver tiouch i shoukld do that xx hope someone comments whose converted there consevatorty!! xx

Laura, your home salon looks beautiful and love your website too x

Aw thanks for the nice comments ladies and about the website too- good old moonfruit!

Best thing i would suggest is get all your furniture in and flooring and then have a look at the accessories you can add for some colour, the silver I find just lightens the theme a bit as black and white can be a bit plain- i do love an accessory!

I have the wood laminate flooring in my salon but in my bedroom with the same colour scheme i have dark grey almost black carpet, the dark flooring really does look nice, so your idea of the black laminate flooring would look ace i think.

Have a little look on the thread posted above, there are lots of lovely ideas on there.

xxxx

thanks happy feet ur salon is lush!!! and i have too say ur website is amazing did u do that on ur own ? and i really love the nail video thing at the end thats the best iv never seen that before can i ask how did u do it is it easy too do ? it so much better than doing still photos too i think as it just gives it summit different wud love too do one but im having trouble even knowing where too start with my website but thats another thread!!! yh im going too go with the black silver white now iv seen urs .. im just scared too go so dark with the floor do u think black or grey wud look better for thye floor ..im going try find a kind of animal print wallpaper i think with that kind of 3d fury effect ? u see this is what i do i get xarried away n it ends up tacky iv dne it before with decorating my house :lol:...yep imj goping do it just need find a nice wallpaper for accent wall thanks for replying xcant wsit get started how long did it take u get ur website up ? ..oh and my fella is from kent lol im a stokie u may know him ? x

Aw thanks hun :) i did the website myself, based it on a template on moonfruit and went from there. Ive spent hours on my site lol had so many different ways but finally decided on this one which i tweak and update regularly, which is no bad thing for your position on google :)

The video i did was on picasa, its a free download where you can crop, resize and make photos into collages and also videos. Then upload to you tube add music and post on your site
When im on big pc ill post the picasa link if you cant find it, another lovely geek pointed me in the direction of it (thank you bluerose).

Just remember when you have wallpaper that it has to stay for a while, unlike paint lol. Get some swatches and get an idea. I personally like dark flooring and i think if your walls are white that lifts it.

Aw is he, kents a big place, where abouts is he from? X

yh that was a silly thing say hes from dover actaually hun xx did u here about that poor girl who got caught up in the snow ?? last week that was his friend very sad xx

I've a black and white room, with a dash of red! I think it looks classy not tacky xx

I've done my salon in black & white too! Just jazzed it up with some teal decorations! Happyfeet your room & website is lovely! I'm originally from Broadstairs.. Small world!

Latest posts

Back