Copper lo-lights on mature client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
Hi guys just looking for a little help and reccomendations.
I have a mature client who has been having hi lights for quite some time 99/0 + 9/1 she is a typical salt and pepper natural colouring white all through the top and sides and dark grey at the back. at the moment she has quite a bit of regrowth and colour is on mid lengths and ends.
Now she is wanting to have copper lo-lights running through it she keeps saying she likes anne robinson, but doesnt want too dark or brassy.
Now i dont want anything thats going to be too much of a shock and look absolutely ridiculous i want something thats going to be soft and complementary.
She also only likes to have the cap method, she says she has had foils before but prefers the cap has she likes the effect better and with having short tapered hair at the back it covers this area also which foils cannot.
But i was thinking if i could do foils i could use a few shades together and the odd lighter shade which would just soften the overall feel.
What do you guys think and any colour combo reccomendations.?
But I know she will prefer to have the cap method.
I was thinking of 8/34 with a little 8/0 but dont want it to be too vibrant.
She said to do what ever i think as she trusts me implicitely and has always loved her colour whatever ive done in the past,just looking for a few suggestions from you guys as Im a little stumped. xx

7/37 is a lovely, cinnamon tone which is great as a natural copper. You could do 7/37 and a 7/43? I think the 8s are really wishy washy.

Thanks for that Hun, good suggestion, iv never tried the 7/37 sounds lovely, I love the 7/73 for my caramel colours. I think I will try and talk her into having foils and then do fine weaves throughout. What do u other geeks do with clients who have foils but have shorter tapered hair at the back that they like having coloured ? Do u pen meche these areas ?

Thanks for that Hun, good suggestion, iv never tried the 7/37 sounds lovely, I love the 7/73 for my caramel colours. I think I will try and talk her into having foils and then do fine weaves throughout. What do u other geeks do with clients who have foils but have shorter tapered hair at the back that they like having coloured ? Do u pen meche these areas ?
hi i usually use my comb and sort of paint it on .x

7/37 is a lovely, cinnamon tone which is great as a natural copper. You could do 7/37 and a 7/43? I think the 8s are really wishy washy.

7/37 - is lush x

Boo none of my wholesalers stock the 7/37 the swatch looked lush. I've got the 7/35 in illumina to use instead. Excited to be trying out this range. Xx

Boo none of my wholesalers stock the 7/37 the swatch looked lush. I've got the 7/35 in illumina to use instead. Excited to be trying out this range. Xx

Lovely shade x

Hi guys just looking for a little help and reccomendations.
I have a mature client who has been having hi lights for quite some time 99/0 + 9/1 she is a typical salt and pepper natural colouring white all through the top and sides and dark grey at the back. at the moment she has quite a bit of regrowth and colour is on mid lengths and ends.
Now she is wanting to have copper lo-lights running through it she keeps saying she likes anne robinson, but doesnt want too dark or brassy.
Now i dont want anything thats going to be too much of a shock and look absolutely ridiculous i want something thats going to be soft and complementary.
She also only likes to have the cap method, she says she has had foils before but prefers the cap has she likes the effect better and with having short tapered hair at the back it covers this area also which foils cannot.
But i was thinking if i could do foils i could use a few shades together and the odd lighter shade which would just soften the overall feel.
What do you guys think and any colour combo reccomendations.?
But I know she will prefer to have the cap method.
I was thinking of 8/34 with a little 8/0 but dont want it to be too vibrant.
She said to do what ever i think as she trusts me implicitely and has always loved her colour whatever ive done in the past,just looking for a few suggestions from you guys as Im a little stumped. xx

If she digs the cap method, I would transition her into Balayage. Se probably just likes the more random placed streaks as opposed to the "stripes" of a foil application.

Latest posts

Back