Cosmetic clinics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paperclip

Reaction score
I have been approached by a RGN nurse who offers a mobile cosmetic clinic, offerering Botox, Dermal Fillers and Juvederm injections. I was wondering if anyone offers this within their salon. Is it sucessfull? How much do you charge to rent your room and do you need a licence to offer it within your salon. And also would I need to add it onto my insurance. Been mulling it over for a while. I know a few offer the treatment in some of the salons, not in direct competition with me, and also some Dentist's offer it too.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated please x

I have a cosmetics company that come in once a month to do botox etc... To be honest it hasn't been that succesful as yet. I don't rent the room, I get paid per client but as it costs me nothing then i happy with the arrangements. I have their leaflets on my counter and they have leaflets around various establishments within my area. People who want treatments ring the number on the leaflets and they tell them where the nearest salon is, so they book appointments too.
If it's not costing you anything then you have nothing to lose really.:)

We hold a cosmetic clinic at the salon I work in once a month or so, its very popular, the owners take a percentage.

Thanks for your comments. She mentioned that it would be on commission basis, so I think that would be per client. It is worth giving it a go. The person who delivers the injections, are they doctors or nurse? Do you think this makes a difference?
Quite a few are starting to offer it now in their salons. I suppose its one of those treatments that clients are very descreet about,so you wouldn't know if alot were interested.

I think that as the law currently stands a doctor has to prescribe Botox but a nurse can administer it. To be on the safe side I would also check that the nurse is on the nursing and midwifery council register. www.nmc-org.uk as their insurance may be invalid as they will not be on the register and are not legally able to practise. I would check them out as this will have a bearing on your business. :hug:

I think that as the law currently stands a doctor has to prescribe Botox but a nurse can administer it. To be on the safe side I would also check that the nurse is on the nursing and midwifery council register. www.nmc-org.uk as their insurance may be invalid as they will not be on the register and are not legally able to practise. I would check them out as this will have a bearing on your business. :hug:
Would you also need to have a licence or extra insurance for the salon? She has been trained by a doctor as well. Does this make a difference??

I didnt need extra insurance. The company have their own insurance. I have a lady called Alexis who comes in who was a RGN for 28 years and has had extensive training and several years experience in all anti-aging injectables.
As long as they are fully qualified and completely competent then you shouldn't have a problem :)

Hi

We have offered two different companies in the salon, both of which said they already had clientele waiting but nothing really materialised. We found that clients would go to the FREE consultations and then loose interest, I think we have only had one or two clients use the service.

but you may be in an area in high demand so you may do very well.

x

It's worth bearing in mind that if your clients know that you provide the facilities for such treatments they may also wonder whether you've had the treatments yourself. I chose to not align myself with such treatments so that there was no question of "is her skin that good because of SwissDermyl, or has she had Botox/fillers/etc?"

Latest posts

Back