Costs of semi perm make up training - advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samantha14

Reaction score
Hi - I recently looked in to training with nouveaubeautygroup , and whilst I was expecting to pay a good 5k , the course is going to cost me 13k (thats if i buy the machine too) according to the website .

I'm wondering if anyone trained with them and how the financed themselves . Also any advice on a machine I could use for medical and face ?

I have no previous semi perm make up training. Just make up artistry.

I will give them a ring on monday in office hours , but really just wanted advice or opinions on anyone that has dealt with this. Really interested to know what the finance options are if applicable to me?

The course im looking at (silver) is about £9k with machine. .. seems about right for good training

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

What are your finance options if you don't mind me asking ? I don't mind paying for good courses but my problem is just magically appearing 13 k out of thin air . xx:sad:

Of course thats my problem.
I havent found out yet I was going to ring monday so ill put the info on here :)
Which course are you looking at?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Look at Finishing Touches Group. Great bunch, brilliant training and back up, good range of machines and pigments, been around and top of their game for years and I think a little bit less than nouveau contour. 😊

I trained with dermace they were really good xx

I'm pretty set on training with nouveau I think. There's not that much difference in cost , it's expensive either way but not going to moan about that or choose cheaper options that won't work for me . Interesting to know the turn over, heard you make great money but is it that easy to get enough clients ? Just wonder whether it's worth such a huge lay out and how people have done since completing their training . Probably best to just give them a ring tomorrow :)

I just looked at dermace ... There's no prices ... Anyone else had good experience with them ???

Last edited:
Yes Finishing Touches are excellent, a course complete with machine is around £3,500. A friend of mine did it with them, her standard of care is excellent and so is her eyebrow, lip and eyeliner. Hope this helps you.

Is that basic course though ? As nuavoue Is 4 k for the basic but then their machine is 3500. I wouldn't want a cheap machine but I'm guessing you can buy a machine anywhere . They're not much cheaper either though . Can you keep them with dermace and finishing touches once you qualify ?

I'd go with finishing touches, that's who I will go with once I get my act together lol. Their precision plus machine is fantastic and can do medical too if you're looking to go down that route. I think before I invest I will look at speaking to someone who has already done it to get the realistic return on investment figures x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is that basic course though ? As nuavoue Is 4 k for the basic but then their machine is 3500. I wouldn't want a cheap machine but I'm guessing you can buy a machine anywhere . They're not much cheaper either though . Can you keep them with dermace and finishing touches once you qualify ?

My machine is the margo machine which I love!! I use it for medical tattooing too, i did have the vena machine at the begining which was great but after coming back for a workshop and playing with the margo i had to have it! one thing I have experienced is other company's pigments as I haven't trained with another company I couldn't comment but dermace pigments are the best I've tried, My training was 1to1 which I was happy about because I was super nervous! I know your not allowed to put course prices on here but here's a link to the prices of courses Permanent Makeup training at the Dermace Academy

Xx

I want to do medical tattooing so I don't think i'll be able to just pay 3500 with machine too for my course . Dermace look reasonable , thanks for the link to their prices . I think i'm more swayed by nouveou just because the course days are longer too . It's difficult , as dermace offers a good deal with machine included , a good 3k difference time vats added on too , I like that dermace give you a price including everything . I just feel as a newbie there just isn't enough content in the course .

I want to do medical tattooing so I don't think i'll be able to just pay 3500 with machine too for my course . Dermace look reasonable , thanks for the link to their prices . I think i'm more swayed by nouveou just because the course days are longer too . It's difficult , as dermace offers a good deal with machine included , a good 3k difference time vats added on too , I like that dermace give you a price including everything . I just feel as a newbie there just isn't enough content in the course .

I felt like there was enough, I did my elite plus.. Which covered the basics, all the advanced technique workshops and medical tattooing, correction and removal, meso etc over 14 days, there was a guideline in the time we finished but my trainer stayed on if i was unsure of anything, i wouldnt have liked to be in a group training ,like I say I couldn't compare with another company because I've only trained with them but they've been fantastic and if I've ever had a question I just ring the office and they always help as much as they can xx

Finishing touches "basic" training is anything but basic!
This is a company that has been around longer than most and trained many of the others. Anyway, whichever company you choose, If I were you I would do the basics and see how you feel rather than be pulled into paying for things you may never aspire to, ie. I was never interested in medical. Many of the newer companies now are splitting training into areas and advanced techniques which are more money the majority of these advanced techniques are down to needle size and angling...which you will do on your training anyway...you just need to practise.

I've just bought the new machine from finishing touches as I can also use it for Meso vytal micro needling and have had my staff trained in this too...it means when I'm not doing make up the machine is still in use and paying for itself.

I really can't make up my mind now lol I think I want as many days training as possible and thats what drew me to nouveau , I'm already a make up artist and want to persue SPM for sure and would take the plunge with a more expensive course that included medical tattooing . It's a really hard choice to pick one . Dermace looks ok and a more likely option for me then. I'm just inpatient and want to train asap though.

I was impatient and got booked on for 3 weeks after lol! They have a couple of trainers so it was still 1to1, it's difficult isn't it I had this in the beginning I went to dermace for a tour first lol which they happily obliged to xx

Yeah , it's such a hard decision . Do Dermace assess you in medical tattooing or is it literally (how it looks on the site ) just workshops?

They don't just let you loose lol if they don't think your up to scratch they bring you back trust me I know about that 🙈 and they don't charge you for help either which is a bonus ha xx

Latest posts

Back