Could this be tick bites?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucyboo

Reaction score
My daughter said she had 2 bites on her thigh this morning & now they look like this. Both are the size of a 10p piece. Could they be tick bites?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1405976965564.jpg
    1405976965564.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 307
It looks a bit like ringworm ? Not sure obviously I'm not a doctor .
Maybe get it checked tomorrow I couldn't say what a tick bite looks like x

Mosquito bites go like this on me

I am no doctor but I am a mum. It looks like ringworm to me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am no doctor but I am a mum. It looks like ringworm to me

Me too. But don't take our word for it. Off to the GP!

Attachments

• 1405978309873.jpg
    1405978309873.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 274
Think with the yellow lump on the centre it's likely to be a bite

Thanks ladies, visit to gp tomorrow!

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I definitely thinks it's ringworm I have had it on my leg before don't know where an earth it came from but I got a cream from the docs and it didn't take long to go

I got bit 3 weeks ago by what I thought was a mosquito, found out it was actually a tick and got diagnosed with Lymes disease on Saturday ... I have attracted a picture. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1405982474.034498.jpg

Looks like what mosquito bites do to me. It looks almost like a target which is a slight reaction. Take antihistamines to calm it down

Looks like ringworm to me. Ringworm is also infectious so if it is be careful that it doesn't spread to others.

Last edited:
I got bit 3 weeks ago by what I thought was a mosquito, found out it was actually a tick and got diagnosed with Lymes disease on Saturday ... I have attracted a picture. View attachment 71039

Ooh, that's a bummer! A friend of mine picked it up in the USA several years ago. Plenty of rest and keep taking the tablets. Hope you soon feel better :)

Ooh, that's a bummer! A friend of mine picked it up in the USA several years ago. Plenty of rest and keep taking the tablets. Hope you soon feel better :)

Thankyou ... Had my blood test today, results back tomorrow.
Fingers crossed the bugger isn't living inside me still 😐

I got bit 3 weeks ago by what I thought was a mosquito, found out it was actually a tick and got diagnosed with Lymes disease on Saturday ... I have attracted a picture. View attachment 71039

Poor you . I got bitten by a tick on holiday in Devon this year. Saw this black mark on my leg that I though was some dried blood so tried to pull it off and it just would not budge . Kept pulling and eventually it came out . On close inspection I discovered it was a tick - Yuk . I would not have pulled it if I had known that .

Luckily I took a picture of it then blew it up and I could that I got the head out so no further symptoms

I hope you get better soon

So back to the OP. As others have said best to get it checked out by your GP. Judging by the other girls picture it is possible but only the Gp will be able to tell you for sure and if it is need to catch it sooner rather than later

x

Latest posts

Back