Could you go without your mobile phone for just 1 day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tonicj

Until mine got broken recently, I would have said a definite YES. It surprised me greatly how it has become such a part of my life! I couldn't even last for just over 1 hour :eek:! I had to immediately go and replace it. I am ashamed to say that I was unable to go without my phone for 1 day. The awful thing is that if my kids had broken theirs I probably would have given them a lecture about when people didn't have mobile phones :(! What about you?

Until mine got broken recently, I would have said a definite YES. It surprised me greatly how it has become such a part of my life! I couldn't even last for just over 1 hour :eek:! I had to immediately go and replace it. I am ashamed to say that I was unable to go without my phone for 1 day. The awful thing is that if my kids had broken theirs I probably would have given them a lecture about when people didn't have mobile phones :(! What about you?

I would defo die xx lol xx

No, nope, not a chance.

An hour will kill me for sure.

I don't use it anti-socially but do check it constantly all day.

It's not just a phone, it's my diary, emails, notepad, camera, my one stop information shop (Google)

I feel annoyed with myself for getting dependant on a gadget but here I am sat in bed at 11.20pm using said gadget whilst hubby snores next to me .....

Jemima :)

I actually had a surge of panic when I realised it was broken:eek:

I can go weeks without mine, I went on holiday for 2 weeks an left my phone, iPad & laptop at home, had no contact with anyone for 2 weeks an it was bliss, I actually felt like I could relax, nothing was demanding my attention, beeping at me or flashing. I loved it!
I leave my phone at home all the time when I can now as otherwise it stresses me out having it. Xxxxx

I would be lost with out my phone!

As above it is my diary, my camera, my internet to interact with geeks, where ever I am I can keep up with my business & personal social media, emails, friends, my mum who works away 6 months of the year.

When I wake up I check my phone as if it was the local newspaper...If I'm bored or have a spare 5 mins when I'm early for an appointment Im on my phone! Sad but true.

I use it to pay my bills, to find out information, Im not too sure how Id feel if I wasn't able to 'google' for a prolonged period. If I don't know something, I like that I can usually find it out pretty quickly. I could do most things on my laptop but my phone is just too convenient!

😊 xx

I'm with Faylizzie on this one. I could care less about my cell phone.

I don't even know why I have one. It's always on silent without vibrate.

I didn't think I could have survived with out it ,
but when we moved to the us I didn't re activate my phone for 3 1/2 month !
I only did it in the end cos I was applying for jobs and needed a number lol

My phone broke last year 4 months after I got it. It took the company 6 weeks to get me a new one so I had to use my daughter's rubbish one until my stepdad came to the rescue with his old HTC. I was lost with my daughter's phone that had no internet etc on it had that for about 2 weeks and the last 4 I had my stepdads.

I did without my phone for a week in Spain in august because I refused to get it sorted so it would work out there. But because I was distracted etc and on holiday I didn't care but as soon as I got home I was glued to it.

Both me and my other half are trying to use the phones less in the evenings so we spend more time actually together but sometimes it's so hard, especially if there's a good thread on here or something on facebook etc.

Xx

I smashed my iPhone 4 screen 18 months ago and the LCD with it. I actually cried. I'm 39 and I cried over my phone...so no, I know I cannot be without my phone and I have a mini heart attack if I think for a split second that I don't know where it is xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Same as twinners I had a strop like a child I chucked my phone once and burst out crying and actually didn't know what I'd do without my phone. Stupid.!
Also hand a mind block and some how forgot my pass code and again..cried!
Sad how much I rely on it! X

Noooo! Haha I lost 2 phones within 2 months First time I was at my friends 18th an the phone was on the table infront of me next minute gone (no idea why I took it out my bag an left it on the table!) so i was phone less for a week! then the next time it was about an month I was on a bus I got off walked to college went to get my phone but no sign i rang bus company an they didn't have it so I was phone less until a new sim turned up I was constantly running to any computer/laptop to get Facebook to see if I had a message! :( worse thing is it was a crap phone no cameraworth about £10 an I had decorated the whole thing with gems 😔xx

I took about 5 mins to get out the car last night too going into the Chinese, I was on my phone in the car an I thought I had put it down so I wouldn't get out until I knew I wasn't going to get out the car an it falls an smashes... my sister was laughing... I soon realised why the phone was in my hand holding the door handle :/ xx

I'm also ashamed to say no :(
My phone did break and I went without for a couple of days, but I used my ipad instead.

My husband doesn't hardly ever look at his phone lol

I couldnt live without mine, id feel so cut off! I did leave my phone at home when i went to disneyland 2 years ago, but it was for 2 days. And it felt like id gone back to the stone age using a pay phone at the hotel.! I was so busy doing stuff that I didnt miss browsing etc. But I did feel wierd and I missed checking messages/emails etc.. How sad is that! Lol.

I could if I had a watch, I hate not knowing the time..lol

Don't know what I'd do when bored at work with no phone (office job zzzz).
I get really miffed with people who don't check their phone. Answer my text damn you! 😄

I get really miffed with people who don't check their phone. Answer my text damn you! 😄

That made me chuckle. Don't you just hate that!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Those who use thier phones for the diary, do you back it up on the computer ? I'm too dependant on my phone as all my appointments are on it. If anything happens to it I would announce it on facebook and just sit at home all day in case a client comes !

Latest posts

Back