Could you live without wearing makeup?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm round the house with no visitors, then sure. But then I also have birds nest hair and I live in my pjs!

I wouldn't leave the house without a full face and my hair is wash, blow dried and straightened or it's degreased, straightened and put in a low ponytail. My husband says I don't need to put any on but that's more to save me time ;) mind you it only takes me 35-45 mins if I do make up and full hair wash etc or 15 mins make up and hair in a ponytail.

I wear make up because I like to feel good and simply without it, I don't. I'm envious of those that can wear a slick of lipstick and mascara, I won't lie ;) However I love going from no make up and birds nest hair to make up and nice hair :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I love your hair! Still pretty with no makeup x

I only wear make up if it's a special occasion and I know I'll get photographed. I hate wearing it, I can't apply it and since I spend half the year full of cold and the other full of hayfever I find the whole thing a rather pointless exercise. I'm dreading getting my contract for work next week because I know its going to be written in that I have to . :/

No because I look ugly and like a dead person without make up lol seriously I look about 40 without it and im 24. I do sometimes nip to the shop or whatever without make up but id be embarrassed if I saw someone I knew

<3 Stephanie <3

Never. Just the thought of it :eek:

Cc

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Not technically a woman's routine, I'm a guy and I spend a good hour a day fixing my face. The thought of leaving the house barefaced makes me want to hide in a cupboard!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

After suffering allergic reaction towards the end of last year I stopped wearing my make up bit by bit in order to eliminate what was causing the reaction. I stopped my foundation, eyeliner and eventually mascara (which is turned out to be). It took around 2 weeks for me to realise what was causing it and for my eyes to return to normal. I got so used to not having to spend an extra 30mins putting my face on in the morning and people saying "you don't look any different" that iv never bothered since!
Iv actually found it very liberating! I used to feel hideous without make up and I'd never dream of going to work without it. Now I will only apply it if I'm going out somewhere special or for an evening occasion. Probably twice a week at the most and iv fortunately found a hypoallergenic mascara for sensitive eyes. Saves so much time and money spent on make up too :)

A year, no way!? That would involve missing out on getting dolled up for parties! lol

I wear very minimal make-up day to day. Just a bit of foundation, bronzer (sometimes only what's on the brush) and mascara and that's me done. In all honesty, the main reason i put foundation on is for the SPF in it.

I wear make up because I want to and not for confidence. I happily go out to the shops at weekends, go to the gym, wash my car etc with no make-up on whatsoever.

I am a strong believer that a little bit of effort goes a long way.

When i go out in the evening, i might put some eye shadow & lipgloss on as extra, but that's about it.

Most people that see me make up free, just ask me what's different and i say, oh i've got no make up on today :)

Never!! I don't wear that much make up anyway, but can never leave the house without mascara and lipstick at least.

I do see lots of the youngster (I'm old now :D) who look like they've dipped their face in the crayola pot or applied it with a trowel, supporting that lovely tide mark around their face...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Since having my 1st daughter in 2012 I've not bothered with make up, unless I have a bit of spare time and am in the mood to put it on...saying that I now have a 9week old so I'm rocking the no make up and hair scraped up look &#128540;

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Never!! I don't wear that much make up anyway, but can never leave the house without mascara and lipstick at least.

I do see lots of the youngster (I'm old now :D) who look like they've dipped their face in the crayola pot or applied it with a trowel, supporting that lovely tide mark around their face...

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I really do not get the eyebrow thing...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I call it hyper grooming.
1/4" thick foundation, plumped up lips, false eyelashes, eyebrows drawn in crayon, false hair glued in, sprayed in something resembling Creosote and plastic nails. Knickers so tight they choke you, chicken fillets in the bra and shoes that give you bunions.
Sounds very attractive :rolleyes:

If I ever venture out without make up I get lots of. Are you I'll comments so no way.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't mind not wearing makeup but I love putting it on, it's therapeutic for me so I'm saying now!

I have to wear eyeliner and mascara as I have blonde eyelashes and blonde eyebrows (have to pencil them in) otherwise I look really plain and tired :-( and I have to wear foundation as my skin is red blotchy/spotty :-( I'd love to be able to not wear any make up! X

I spend about fifteen minutes every day perfecting a no make up look. Most people think I don't wear any.

lol

Just realised I hadn't answered the question!

Er.....now let me think.

No.

But my routine is this: concealer where needed inc under eye, brow pencil blended so it looks natural, mascara, a little blusher or people think I'm ill. Lips lined in a natural pencil and slicked with lip balm. A little brown eyeliner. And powder because at ruddy 48 I'm still really shiny lol

Last edited:
I think it depends. And yes, men like girls who look good and natural, with natural makeup.

Makeup can make you look professional, if it's done well, or it can make you look like a slapper if not. So depends on the person and how it's applied.

I love putting it on. I hate going to the supermarket without it on, but I will rush out the door, without it on, and think 'oh help' (would say worse) and pop on the dark glasses, even though I can't find the beetroot in the salad isle. I hate my teens taking surprise snap shots of me without makeup, I always look pissed. My skin tone is reddish and blotchy, so I wear light foundation to even it out, and have mascara at the very least, usually eyeshadow and lippy too. But I'm not clever at applying it. I will definitely wear makeup if I'm going to be seeing people. I feel properly dressed wearing it.

Last edited:
I love make up, normal day is foundation (SPF 25, bonus!) concealer (I have the worst dark circles on very pale skin) mascara (grey ing, ahem, blonde eyelashes) this new benefit brow stuff on a little brush that colours my brows and some blush! Got the whole thing down to 5mins :) I do go to sainsburys and excercise classes with no make up at all but people tend to think I'm ill. Or a ghostly apparition. :) I used to figure skate and dance competitively and we always wore a load of stage style make up so my current routine feels like no make up at times :)
I have girlfriends who never wear make up and their skin is beautiful, but always want to pop some make up on them for a party!! And I have boyfriends who wouldn't be seen dead without their make up ;)
but no, i couldnt not wear make up!! xxx

Latest posts

Back