Could you live without wearing makeup?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trowelled on make up is not nice.
Most men say that they don't like women with loads of make up. Plus they prefer eye brows made of hair not crayon!
Before anyone jumps in to say they do their make up for themselves not for men, the whole point is to make you feel more attractive. And actually you're not.
Strange creatures aren't we?

I'm a bit of both, if I'm in the house all day on my own I don't put it on but only because of my skin as I get spots.
I would not dream if going out shopping ect without it I just look so ill.
One thing I really can't get my head round was towie the other night, they were all sunbathing with a full face of make up on! My god it would just melt off me, plus I'd end up with horrendous spots!
It defiantly gives me confidence because I'm so paranoid of my spots, I get my mirror out anyway and check my skin, people must think I'm vein but I need to see if you can see my spots!
I'm defiantly not vein btw! Xx

Last edited:
I really don't like going out without make-up on. Even if I'm ill I will put a bit of BB cream on and mascara, just so I don't feel so 'naked'. I defiantly wear make-up for confidence as i already get stared at for being rather short.
My partner used to date the girls (in his words) that you'd wake up next too and think who the hell is that? I didn't come home with that. My partner likes me without make-up on but understands why I wear it.
Holiday wise I will wear water proof mascara and that's it. Though I hate it. It's more about being self conscious on holiday as your often wearing just a swimming suit, so there's not much you can hide body wise.

My fiance is always telling me not to bother with make up. He says "You look lovely without, I don't know why you feel like you have to wear it all the time"

Every day at the weekend when I'm getting ready in the mornings we have the same conversation. ..

"Oh, you're not putting make up on today are you?"
"Obviously, when do I ever go out without make up?"
"You don't need it, don't put any on today and put your hair up instead of straightening it"
"1) yes I do need it and 2) you know I hate my hair up, I only do that when I have to, like when I'm going to a clients or something"

Every bloody weekend it's the same conversation lol. It's obviously because he can't be arsed to sit and wait for me whilst I get ready. (My hair only take 15 mins to dry and straighten and my make up only takes 5 mins as I don't wear a lot, but can't go out without it)

If I actually went out with no make up and my hair tied up and we bumped in to someone he knew, I'm pretty sure he'd trip me up so I'd face plant the floor so he could pretend he wasn't with me hahaha ;)

XxX

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can't believe how many people say they look terrible,afraid,ugly,vile without makeup on.
Really sad to hear and to be honest this might sound harsh but If I were a straight guy god honest truth I wouldn't date you.

I wouldn't want a girl to feel crap and insecure when theirs nothing wrong with their skin.

If your boyfriends says to you your beautiful as you are with no makeup.
Is that enough to make you feel better?

If your boyfriend didn't like you with no makeup on then he's an asshole!

To be fair my skin isn't great lol and I was bullied as a kid (not about my skin but still!) So if a bit of makeup boosts my self esteem and I think I'm hiding away the bits I don't like then that's fine by me.

If my (almost) boyfriend pointed out any flaws it would seriously knock my confidence. He's only allowed to tell me nice things, regardless of how many scars, spots, anything else he can see.

I'd never tell a girl she had a moustache for example. Or say that's a massive spot on the end of your nose. Your butt needs firming up etc etc... Most people know their flaws but everyone is unique. You can love yourself and still prefer to wear make up x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always wear some make-up if I'm going out, even to the shops. I look healthier, younger and I enjoy applying it. I do wear a natural look though and use mineral foundation.
The main thing though is to have a good skin routine; my pet hate is to see a thick mask on top of congested and lumpy skin.

I'd never have time for a make up routine ;-) bad enough finding time to get me own Barnet chopped!
Sometimes I think the ladies are lucky, us guys can't disguise our slight imperfections :-(

Sent from my C1905 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would not open my front door without make-up on, let alone leave the house. My husband doesn't see me without my face on. It's hideous. You have no idea what this stuff covers up. I remove it in the evenings when I'm at home alone with my girls, no one else.

I love make-up and have worn it from the age of 16. I do it for me!! I have never asked my husband if he prefers me with or without, and it wouldn't matter what his answer was, I'd still wear it. It is just routine for me, just like getting dressed. I don't plaster it on by any means. It's just a little foundation, blusher and lipstick around the house and if I'm going out I will put a little on my eyes. If I HAD to go without it, could I? Yes, but I would prefer not to. Like Dandelionpoppy, I have a good skincare regime as well which I do on a daily basis. I am very happy with my routine! Do what suits you!

I scare him on a morning when I just get up 🙊 I think it's hilarious.
This is me when I just wake up ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403696122.479820.jpg

This is me after I put me face on :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1403696166.673815.jpg

I don't really care if people see me without makeup. Hence the no make up selfie :) x

Sent from the catphone

No way could I go out without make up, it gives me confidence... My Mum tells me Im beautiful without make up (she is my Mum that is her job ;)) but I've grown up watching my Mum do her make up everyday so its just 'normal' to me. Xx

I done it!

During my beauty course (nail technology, waxing, tanning) I wasn't bothered, and realised the course put me off make up and stopped caring about my appearance...
the year before, I couldn't go outside without something covering the cystic acne! I only put make up on now if im bothered!

For work i tend to just stick with blush and mascara only bcos i look 12 with out. My husband is always saying 'why you putting all that on for, you on the pull or something?'. i just dont think he understands the way it makes a woman feel when they have a full face on.

I absolutely love make up, i have bags and bags of make up which i could just sit there all day putting it on and taking it off just for fun and experimentation lol.

Could i go a year without make up? probably not, not bcos i need it but more bcos i simply just love it:Love::D

I don't wear any make up, and when I was at college I was told I had to wear more as I was only wearing the bare minimum (powder, mascara, lip balm). I'm too lazy to put it on n take it off so I don't bother daily.

My mum always says I should wear mascara though x

I never go anywhere without mascara.
I'm one of those people who gets the 'are you poorly?' when I have no eye make up on. I also would pay a lot for eyeliner if I didn't have one, I need it!

There was a discussion in cosmopolitan and 75% of men like women who don't wear any makeup. To me I don't really care if people do or don't wear makeup. I just like people who have good sense of humour. Everybody has days when we feel we look crap. I've noticed now a lot of men are starting to wear makeup. My sisters friends works at Selfridges at manchester. A lot of males who are STRAIGHT not gay are even exploring makeup.
But the 80s musicians were wearing it so nothing new.

No 75% of men like women who don't look like they're wearing make up :p

My eyeliner and eyebrows are tattooed but I don't wear full on make up. Quick spray with fake tan in the evening. Day routine concists of concealer where needed and smidge of blusher. Wee swipe of mascara and lip balm.

I don't wear it at home though.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nowadays it's mascara and concealer before the school run, if I'm lucky! I would love the time to put more on, just because I look about 15 without "proper" make up on (and that's not always a good thing with a baby bump and a 3 year old-especially seen as I'm hardly seen out with my boyfriend cos he's always working!) xx

I only wear make up at work or if I am out at night. I actually think I look strange in makeup

If I'm just in the house and I'm not going anywhere then 75% of the time I won't bother putting make up on.

My partner only saw me without make - up 8 months into our relationship when he moved in haha - before that I'd always be up before him with my face already on. Luckily he likes me with and without make up for some odd reason.

I very VERY rarely leave the house without a full face of make up (liquid foundation, pressed powder, blush and bronzer, highlight and contour, eyebrows, full eye make up, mascara, eyeliner, lip liner, lipstick and gloss) .... I just prefer myself with the make up on.

I think without make up I look quite plain - whereas when I've got my face on I feel a lot better.

I don't wear a lot of make up as I prefer to look natural. I'm also a rubbish morning person and sacrifice being nicely made up for an extra 10 minutes in bed more often than i wish I did! Having said that though, when I do have the time to get ready I do enjoy the process of putting make up on!

I do feel pressure in this industry to look well made up at all times and feel that I'm not representing my business very well if I'm not immaculately groomed at all times!

On my two mummy days a week when I'm not working but looking after our little boy I don't wear a scrap of make up and I love it teehee!

Latest posts

Back