Could you look at my website please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaziwanek

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have my website set up however I'm not satisfied with the welcome page. If you could help me on what more to say to make it stand out and what I should remove.

Also more ideas for package I could offer?

Thank you

FLAWLESS - Home

Im in the process of building a web site and i know how tricky it is.! Cant really offer you advise as im only new to this but i think its lovely! Really classy, simple and clear . It would appeal to me :biggrin:

Im in the process of building a web site and i know how tricky it is.! Cant really offer you advise as im only new to this but i think its lovely! Really classy, simple and clear . It would appeal to me :biggrin:

Thanks jo!! I just can't get rid of that feeling that something is missing/wrong :confused:!! It is actually so hard making up a website The amount of times I got fed up and started over haha

But thanks! Let me know when you set up yours :biggrin: x

hiya,

sorry but im in a critical mood this morning.

I like your site. Its easy to manage but...

I dont know your name, what your qualified in, if your insured and what areas you cover.

you have a typo in the california
wax and is it just me or does the font change in the caviar manicure?
again californian is spelt wrong possibly in the price list
and ageing you have spelt aging.

apart from that Its nice

On looking, first glace says it a "free" website?

Things I would like to point out are.... (i'll edit this post)

too much space at bottom of each page (you don't want to have to scroll and scroll when there is nothing there)

I take it you live in Ireland (or somewhere that accepts the euro (€) as your main currency?

keep all text the same font colour (body text same all black, any header/title text same, ie: pink/red) - Your "packages" page is a prime example of what "not" to do.

LEFT alignment text - its easier to read than centered text, and also look at spacing, bold, and red text throughout the website.

Contact Page needs more details - perhaps country, town/postcode and email address (but not a hotmail, gmail one etc) you need one ending in @flawlessbeautyroom.com (or if you're clever, @fbr.com)

is the image/s (mainly on your homepage), one you have purchased from istock/getty etc, one of your own, or one you have "pinched" from google images. Re: photos, best advise I can give is make sure the images you have on the site are either a) bought, or b) you very own

so, overall your business may be Flawless, but you website ain't so

Last edited:
I liked it, but then I'm not technicial. The only thing I can think of to add would be times for your treatments.

Don't worry if any of the above don't seem to be what you want ,I can customise each individual wax

That should say doesn't not don't . I would also put bottom not bum,it sounds better.​

Hi

I love the little phrase you have!

You need to put a gap in the telephone number so it is not just a string of numbers. The wording and spacing needs attention on the homepage
  • put a space between website. My name is...
  • remove hyphons between skin-and-beauty
  • maybe reword the last bit, if you tell people there's no need to rush they may be a bit lax in turning up for thier appointment on time.
The rest of the pages, I would watch your spacing, there are extra ones before headings and some are missing between lines.
x

I prefer wording in the third person as it seems more professional:

"Welcome to the Flawless Beauty Room website, the home of professional, luxurious, beauty treatments.

Flawless Beauty is owned by Chantelle (put surname here). Chantelle is a qualified ITEC Beauty Therapist. Since qualifying she has been working from a beauty studio set up in her home.

Chantelle is committed to providing treatments at a high level of expertise, at a price to fit your budget. With an understanding of how hard it can be juggling work and family, while finding time for yourself, appointments are available Monday to Saturday 10 am to 9pm."

Also on other pages keep it third person "waxing can be customised to your needs."

Last edited:
If you want to add something personal it's best added as a quote e.g "I'm looking forward to pampering you" Chantelle. But obviously that quote is a little naff!

I like the colour scheme it's not to fussy I also think your wording for things is good apart from the "bum" comment lol I would change this think about "buttock" or "cheeks". I'd also give a mention of where you are in the introductory stage and the areas you cover if you are mobile. I like the gallery images you can expand them as you go along I would have considered using you from looking at the images. I love your tagline aswell v.imaginative. The web page is to express you so if your undecided on things petend your a clinet descibing the quality of treatments etc to a friend. I like the idea of changing it to 3rd person though sounds more like a "larger" company thing.
Well done anyway:biggrin:

Is it a Vistaprint site? I have one and one thing i found that made mine look alot better was changing the layout so that the pages are wider. So theres less of the blank colour either side if you see what i mean? I didnt like having tiny pages and lots of wasted space at the sides. Also, i would change the wording of the 'with less overheads...' part, like what Weezie suggested is perfect. We all know what you mean but it needs to sound professional to clients.You could put some brand logos or photos on your homepage. And maybe write a little bit more about yourself? :) xx

Yes as Melly says definitely add your location and as Treasure said add some brand logos, your ITEC logo (if allowed) and insurance logos.

I do love my fellow geeks, all good solid advise and I agree with all of it.
Just to add, you need a lot more photo's of your work in your gallery. Try to have a couple of each treatment you offer and a complete board of nail art always goes down well.
Good luck with your new business and don't be a stranger here:hug:

Thanks everyone for the great advice!! I still need to get round to making the changes. It is just hard finding the time with a little baby to look after.

This is a vista print website... I am a bit stupid when it comes to technology :D

I have wanted to expand my gallery but I am mostly busy with hollywood/ brazilian waxes so don't think it would be smart to put pic's up of that haha.

Once again thank you all for the great advice!!

Is it a Vistaprint site? I have one and one thing i found that made mine look alot better was changing the layout so that the pages are wider. So theres less of the blank colour either side if you see what i mean? I didnt like having tiny pages and lots of wasted space at the sides. Also, i would change the wording of the 'with less overheads...' part, like what Weezie suggested is perfect. We all know what you mean but it needs to sound professional to clients.You could put some brand logos or photos on your homepage. And maybe write a little bit more about yourself? :) xx
Hi just set up web site with vista print. Just wondered how you are getting on with yours? I picked the second package deal thats on at the moment. leanne mobile hairdressing - Home

I am not sure you should say that if the client is not happy with the make up you are happy to start over!!

Perhaps it would be better if at each step of the application you get the client to look and agree she is happy before you move on to next part.

Jacqui xx

Definately put where you are based on your home page. Some people just wont go past the first page if they cant see that you are relevant to them within a few seconds of scanning.

Hi just set up web site with vista print. Just wondered how you are getting on with yours? I picked the second package deal thats on at the moment. leanne mobile hairdressing - Home

Simmo

Dont mean to be picky, but can I just ask, is your site the finished article, or are you in the process of adding to it

Latest posts

Back