Course not what it made out to be!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princessstacie

Reaction score
:irked: Hi all i really need you advice,
I started a course last night that was for nail extentions and nail art it is a vctc course and will end up giving me a level 2 nail tech and level 2 in nail art. The thing is, when applying for the course i was told it would involve l+p which is the main reason for me wanting to do it, when attending the course we are not covering this at all! We will be covering gel and silk fibreglass. I was sooo angry. What shall i do? carry on with the course for the qualification anyway and then go on to l+p after or quit and find a course for l+P? The course is a year long so i really dont want to be wasting a year doing something i dont want! Please help!!!!:irked:

If I were you i'd probably stick it out and go on and do l & p afterwards. Personally I think gels are becoming more popular so it might be nice having this service to offer to your clients? Obviously the decision lies with you chick xx

L&P is used in the level 3 hth

Hi

I was in the same position as you and was annoyed that I would not learn how to apply l&p. I decided to continue with the course and felt it was a good basis for my education in nails. After the course I still wanted to learn how to apply l&p and went on to do the Creative foundation course. I am now able to offer clients manicure, pedicure, silk/fibreglass, gel and acrylic nails, as well as nail art. However, I tend to do acrylic nails the most.

naughty of them to mislead you.

i think learning gels first is best actually. you will then be able to progress on to l/p with all the a/p knowledge as well as knowing all the essential prep, tipping,construction and finishing techniques and be able to cocentrate more on the application of the product and working it in the limited amount of time it allows you before it sets.

i say stay

I think you should stick it out too...

I did a NSI foundation in l&p and am now desperate to do gel. I have started the level 3 course but they are covering l&P first which is a bit boring.

I agree with Angel Fingers totally, the knowledge you will get about prep, structure etc., will be transferable and you will be able to concentrate on ratio, pickup and application, sculpting etc on your l&p course. I know when I did my foundation it was very intensive as it was all very new, prep, tip application, blending on top of everything else. You will already know this and will feel more relaxed.

I've had quite a few people ask me if I do gels too...

At least you will learn brush control, filing and finishing and all the other stautory bits you need for both. Hang in there and progress onto l&p after

If you get the certificate, it will allow you to do so much more.

Its true.... all the knowledge you pick up on this course will help you in the level 3. So enjoy it and at the end you will have accomplished a great deal:)

Thanks all i think i will stick it out. The lecturer seems really nice and like alot of you have said i will be able to get a sound knowledge of the overall package. Thanks you all for your comments i shall put a few photos on here once i start the practical side so you can all guide me further! lol.
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x xx x x :)

good luck, i'm sure you'll ejoy it.

Latest posts

Back