Covering the getting rid of years of semi permanent process

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Struckbyastar

Reaction score
I've been dying my hair regularly for over a decade at home using semi permanent dyes, topped up with vegetable dyes. My hair condition has got pretty bad recently, so I want to try and stop using so many harsh chemicals on it (I'm a redhead too so the red upkeep of fortnightly top ups...gah..) the problem is, for my work, I need to have decent-ish looking hair (I work as a performer, presenter and tv extra and growing out colour is a BIG no-no). If I use a demi/wash in wash out type dye, will this help blend the colour between my mousey/reddy/brown roots and my more-red lengths? Or is there a way I can help get the colour out of my hair without needing clarifying shampoos etc? Or just a better way to bridge the gap whilst the colour's growing out?

TIA!

I've been dying my hair regularly for over a decade at home using semi permanent dyes, topped up with vegetable dyes. My hair condition has got pretty bad recently, so I want to try and stop using so many harsh chemicals on it (I'm a redhead too so the red upkeep of fortnightly top ups...gah..) the problem is, for my work, I need to have decent-ish looking hair (I work as a performer, presenter and tv extra and growing out colour is a BIG no-no). If I use a demi/wash in wash out type dye, will this help blend the colour between my mousey/reddy/brown roots and my more-red lengths? Or is there a way I can help get the colour out of my hair without needing clarifying shampoos etc? Or just a better way to bridge the gap whilst the colour's growing out?

TIA!

It's super hard to get rid out, my hairdresser said if I don't want to damage my hair id have to grow it out or dye my hair dark to cover the red X
Wash in wash outs may work abit, but it won't be long untill the red would be showing through again as there not permanent X

To get red out **

Best thing to do is go to a salon and get them to strip some of the red out and have a more natural colour applied, so when your growing the colour out it won't be so noticeable x

Latest posts

Back