CRB and self imployed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
im a little confused as i read on here loads of peole saying they are self employed and have crb checks to do the childrens pamper parties
i have been asked to do some so am looking into the process for this and i have found this ........

Current legislation does not allow the self-employed or individuals to apply for a CRB check on themselves, as they cannot ask an exempted question of themselves. It is for the recruiting organisation asking the exempted question to assess an applicant’s suitability.

how have people got the crbs themselves if this is the case ?
id like to know so i can apply

I thought this too...I wasn't sure if I was reading it wrong...would help if they wrote it In English...lol

As far as I can remember you have to find a umbrella body.
You search for a local body and pay them a fee..then they do the crb check for you.

This only works because you are not part of a company, therefore an individual applicant, hope that makes sence :)

Have a read here Umbrella Body Search

It is hard work isn't it.
I'm going to be doing some volunteer work with a breast cancer local charity and have had to submit my forms via my local college.

I have a CRB through the kids school and also my volunteering....I wonder if that would count or if I'd need another to do kids parties?

I have a CRB through the kids school and also my volunteering....I wonder if that would count or if I'd need another to do kids parties?

That counts. Its just one check done every 3 years.

Yes I think they have to be updated every 3-5 years, but a employer could ask you to get a new one..only because something could have happened within that time.

But if this is for yourself then you know you haven't done anything lol However I would keep it updated x

Latest posts

Back