Creating a very flat brown for men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi guys! My male client is naturally very fair in colouring, he's the level of an 8 with gold tones (he perceives this is a 'gingery' colour). He has fine hair, about 4 inches in length on top. He wanted to be darker with no warmth so I coloured him with Color Touch 6/0 and 1.9%. It's been just over a week and he's come in for a cut today, and it's developing a reddish/golden tone. What would be a good colour to use in future to make it very flat and natural? I work with Loreal, Wella and Schwarzkopf. Any input would be appreciated :) x

I think color touch was certainly the way to go. I think if 6/0 were too warm, I'd try using a mixtone. Not sure which one's are availbe UK Vs. Us. Did use 4% or 1.9%?

What kind of aftercare was he using? Guys can be terrible color clients because they shampoo sometimes twice a day with crap products.

What about 7/89?

Yeah lads tend to shampoo their hair a lot. Almost, if not, everyday.

And they tend to use crap shampoo like head and shoulders or Alberto balsam!!

Try the metallic range in igora, I find their quite Matt so are much more masculine looking

Use 6.1 & recomend a good colour saving shampoo

Thanks for your responses guys. He's a relative of mine so luckily he's pretty clued up on shampoos and he uses the ones I get him from the warehouse, so should be ok there. I'm really interested in the Schwarzkopf metallics range - would the Matt colours have a greenish tone to them or do you think they'd just be nice and flat and cool? Also do you think I should use a level 7 to avoid going to dark? As I'm aware cool tones can make it appear darker.

Thanks for your responses guys. He's a relative of mine so luckily he's pretty clued up on shampoos and he uses the ones I get him from the warehouse, so should be ok there. I'm really interested in the Schwarzkopf metallics range - would the Matt colours have a greenish tone to them or do you think they'd just be nice and flat and cool? Also do you think I should use a level 7 to avoid going to dark? As I'm aware cool tones can make it appear darker.

I'd try the 7/89 first. If its still fading a lot, try illumina or the metallics.

Latest posts

Back