Creating a web site ?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
I am going to go for this and try to create a web site for my business, the advice I am asking for is what is the best package to use and how do I go about it my fella is getting all complicated on me telling me I need to get dream weaver and learn this and that ....... but wont do it for me he says he doesn't have the time which is fair enough I just want a idiot proof one for me to create from.......

If you want to do it yourself you could try Microsoft Office Live - it's easy to use (like a cross between Publisher & Word); I did mine on it & found it relatively straight forwards.

www.wix.com

A great place to create fun flash websites and very very easy :)

Hi there,
I made mine through dream weaver. It took so long - 3 months! - & I had to learn html codes and stuff like that. My mind boggled, I was pulling my hair out and turning white with stress. When I first started I had NO idea what I was getting myself into. In the end it worked out well and I now know stuff I never knew before!!
Dreamweaver does come with documentation on how to set up and all, but the other geeks have suggested easier website options... so you might want to try look into them.

Anyway, good luck with it and have fun designing. It's a nice new adventure you've taken on :green:

i have just done mine with www.doyourownsite.com

it was easy to do and has step by step instructions

x

Easily

This relative easy as it takes you through page by page. Look at rosiesbeauty.co.uk this was done via easily but not by me. It was done via a friend who has never done a web site before. I do update the pages though.

I am going to go for this and try to create a web site for my business, the advice I am asking for is what is the best package to use and how do I go about it my fella is getting all complicated on me telling me I need to get dream weaver and learn this and that ....... but wont do it for me he says he doesn't have the time which is fair enough I just want a idiot proof one for me to create from.......

To be honest dreameaver is sooo hard to learn i cant master it at all too confusing! I use front page its much easier to use and navigate!

Or your other option is Visa print they do websites or freewebs have ready made website for you which you can customise.

If you would like to make it from scratch yourself if you PM me ill recommend my website package supplier they are fab x

Mr site is fab !

Thanks for all the advice guys I am going to have a go with front page my other half just wont be able to resist getting involved then I will let him take over.......LOL.

There a few of free ones you can use that require no knowledge of html and you can still buy the domain name too if you want it to look more professional.

Try...

Geocities
Mr Site
Freewebs/Webs
VistaPrint

Kim x

1and1 has a useful easy wedsite builder that comes with the hosting package

Latest posts

Back